Question about Muppets Tonight on DVD

lazysean

Reaction score
For those of you that have the Muppets Tonight episodes on DVDr: is the quality better than the #muppetarchive AVI files or are the DVDS made *from* those same AVIs?

I just got the AVI versions from a torrent a few days ago, and while the quality is fine for watching on the computer, when I hooked it up to the TV the low resolution, bitrate and framerate all teamed up to make a pretty lousy viewing experience :sympathy:

So I guess it's a two part question, really: does anyone have them in better quality and is it possible to "trade" for them when I have no other trade-able muppet material?

I'm talking NTSC, by the way....Thanks to anyone that can help!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. You might wanna try asking Justin Faulknor, though I'm not if he'd be able to fit you into his busy schedule. Nevertheless, it's worth asking him.
Always recommend by comfrer from Canada due to our excellent ongoing Muppets VCD deals. If you don't have anything to trade, then talk moneys and you might get a reasonable arrangement. But like I said, you'd have to talk to him directly.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. You might wanna try asking Justin Faulknor, though I'm not if he'd be able to fit you into his busy schedule. Nevertheless, it's worth asking him.
Always recommend by comfrer from Canada due to our excellent ongoing Muppets VCD deals. If you don't have anything to trade, then talk moneys and you might get a reasonable arrangement. But like I said, you'd have to talk to him directly.
Count, my good friend and batty companion, is this Justin of whom you speak one and the same as Super Scooter?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Sorry Bo, my rainbow-dwelling comrade. Justin Faulknor is a different person than Super Scooter, try checking the Member List and you'll see for yourself. Would also recommend talking to Fishanwolf since he's got a vonderful Henson video/DVD library of his own. Might think of going to him myself in the future.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
lazysean said:
For those of you that have the Muppets Tonight episodes on DVDr: is the quality better than the #muppetarchive AVI files or are the DVDS made *from* those same AVIs?

I just got the AVI versions from a torrent a few days ago, and while the quality is fine for watching on the computer, when I hooked it up to the TV the low resolution, bitrate and framerate all teamed up to make a pretty lousy viewing experience :sympathy:

So I guess it's a two part question, really: does anyone have them in better quality and is it possible to "trade" for them when I have no other trade-able muppet material?

I'm talking NTSC, by the way....Thanks to anyone that can help!
I own some shows on a DVD from "#muppetarchive". To your answer your question is it dependent on where the shows came from, I have seen various ones - The "Disney Channel" ones are best quality around, "abc" airings are not bad but "KETNET" versions are quite poor from my experience

Hope it helps

lazysean

Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks for the replies everyone! Muppetlord, I will send you a PM...