Question about Odyssey "Muppetism" spots???

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Firstly back on the old message board I remember someone posting a link to an official Muppet page that had some of the Odyssey "Muppetism" clips posted and the promise of more to come. I used to have the page bookmarked but now I have a new PC (after the last one died!)... anyone know the address for the page???

Secondly how many of the clips where there in total? I have 16 different ones so far I think. The following 15 as featured on the Time Life DVDs:

01 Floyd (The Groove Master) & Kermit (Amphiboogie Danci-Frog)
02 Miss Piggy (The Diva)
03 Bunsen (The Scientist) & Beaker (The Assistant)
04 Waldorf (The Old Coot) & Statler (The Old Geezer)
05 Animal (The Percussionist)
06 Fozzie (Da Bear)
07 Kermit (The Frog)
08 Miss Piggy (Le Pig)
09 Gonzo (The Artiste)
10 Waldorf (The Crook) & Statler (The Bum)
11 Bunsen (The Scientist) & Beaker (The Guinea-Pig)
12 Gonzo (The... ???)
13 Rizzo (The Vermin American)
14 Pépe (The King Prawn)
15 Bobo (The Bear)

... and an extra Pépe one from Columbia's "The Muppet's Take Manhattan" DVD:

16 Pépe (The Shrimp)

Did they never do a Rowlf one or a Dr. Teeth... or a Sam the Eagle?!?!... So many classic characters neglected!!! And what about more new characters like Clifford, Sal & Johnny or Andy & Randy???

If anyone knows the answers to any of my questions I'd be very grateful!!!

Paul :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by RockSTAR girl
what were odyssey muppetisms??
They arent Odyssey per say, they were just shown on there. They are actually more well known for being on the original Muppet trilogy dvds.

For folks who want to see the Muppets in a new modern light, these clips are a GREAT place to start. The white screen really makes their colors stand out, and each little segment features some of the character's best personality. They are really some of the best JHC scenes next to the new Mastercard commercials in recent years.

A lot of these clips can also be found on the henson.com website.
(though good luck navigating there:wink: )

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is Frank. The original Odyssey Muppetisms (against a white background) were recorded in 1999.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
They arent Odyssey per say, they were just shown on there. They are actually more well known for being on the original Muppet trilogy dvds.
As Phillip says I believe they were filmed in 1999 specifically for the Odyssey Channel who were re-running The Muppet Show at the time (I believe it's also the same thing with the Brian Henson introductions, the "Name That Flick" clips, "Muppet Screen Test" clips, and the other clips that feature on the Time Life DVDs).

The Columbia Tri-Star DVDs of TMM, TGMC & TMTM weren't released until 2001 - so my guess would be they simply bought the rights to those clips for use as extras (same with Time Life who used them on their "Best Of..." DVDs and Columbia Tri-Star UK who cut the captions off the end and then used the clips on their "Very Best Of..." DVDs)!

The purpose of my initial post was that I was just curious if anyone who was watching the Odyssey Channel stuff back then remembered any clips airing that haven't been released on any of the DVDs yet???

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
oh yeah i got that they were from odyssey channel...i was just confused on what a muppetism is. thanks for the link these are so fun and now i can play them on my new computer

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
is odyssey even still on the air? i remember seeing it in florida a few years ago. but last time i check the digital cable screen it was gone :frown:

any thoughts?