Question about Ordering Super Scooter from ToyFare?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Muppaholics,

I've got a question about ordering Superhero Scooter through ToyFare. I bought the magazine, have the form all filled out to send in....here's my question:

Does the 15.00 include standard shipping, and then it's an additional 5.00 to get him Fed Exed? Or is is just 20.00 period, and that includes Fed Ex? Like, could I wait a few more days (weeks) and just get him for 15.00?

The form isn't really clear on that, and this is only my second exclusive I've ordered from ToyFare (after all the hassles of the first one a few years back).

Any regulars know?

Thanks

:concern:uinnnnnnnn

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct. The $15.00 includes standard USPS ground shipping. For $5.00 extra (or $20.00 total) you can have the figures shipped to you via FedEx, which also provides you with a tracking number.

Hope this helps!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Thanks Flying Monkey! That was just the info I needed!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
okay now i have a question about super hero scooter so i'll use this thread if you don't mind quinn:wink:

Why does it take so long to get him?!?!?:confused: I mean we won't get him till around series 4 when he's part of series 3, it seems this fourm should have came out sooner, i know that series two was delayed a bit so red vacation fozzie came out around the time series two came out because the fourm was in mags back in August. scooter's coming out after some people already got series 3, the mag came out the same day that the figures came in my area and i got both the mag and figures the same day last week.

the figure has been made right? has it shipped or anything? this has to do with Toyfair not Palisdes because all the figures you order from them takes about 16 weeks. I''m just wondering why it takes so long?

Thanks,

zack,

Gonzo

Reaction score
Uhhhh....general incompetence in the mailroom?

I've wondered that myself.

Quinnnnnnnnn

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
the figure has been made right? has it shipped or anything? this has to do with Toyfair not Palisdes because all the figures you order from them takes about 16 weeks. I''m just wondering why it takes so long?
The figure leaves the factory tomorrow. They give the long window to make sure they can hit what they say they want to hit. You never know what could happen between now and then, the time you order til the time they receive the goods. But they have been pretty good about turnaround from what I have heard.

In my opinion the lag between S3 and Super Scooter is good. Give people time to put space between two versions of the same figure.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Ken, since this sort of relates, and since we've had some debate about this in the organization of the FAQ, do you consider exclusives specifically a part of a series? In other words, is Super Scooter a part of Series 3? Or does it even matter? It seems like everyone wants to classify every Muppet figure into a specific series.

Of course, most of the retail exclusives come with the same card back as the figure in the regular series, so they could count. But convention exclusives usually have special packaging that don't necessarily associate them with a series.

And, of course, the giveaways are usually just in a plastic bag with a stapled card on the top which I don't consider to be a part of the line anyway.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I consider if it's sold in stores it's part of the series, you just may have to go to certain stores to get it like an ex, i don't really find repaints part of it but if you can find them i say buy them if you can and want them. How could anyone pass up reporter kermit?

the one thing is though that vansing cream beaker is on the box of the EM playset i think, and that was only a convention/club figure.

Thanks for the info about super scooter Ken, it just seemed the fourm came out for vacation fozzie two months before series two was going to come out, then series two got held back and the figure came out around that time the figures came out so it worked perfect for that.

GWGumby

Reaction score
There's a difference between a figure that's considered part of the regular line and one that's within a specific series.

I consider any figure that is or has been commercially available to be part of the entire line. That includes convention exclusives like WW Teeth.

I consider any figure that comes in the a case box to be part of the series of that case. I will also accept retail exclusives like Crash Helmet Gonzo or Long Hair as part of that same series, if its card specifically says so--and those two were packaged in the same card as their regular series counter-part.

What I question is why everyone needs to classify exclusives and playsets and other figures within specific series? I mean, am I not allowed to say I have a complete "Series 3" collection if I don't have a Zoot repaint, Superhero Scooter, Palisades Tour Animal, Swedish Chef Kitchen, and White Tux Rowlf?