Question about Pa, Ma, and Junior Gorg Fraggle Rock PVC's

Quazimoto

Reaction score
They look a bit off to me... Especially Pa Gorg. They may indeed be authentic, but something seems wrong about them. Pa's coloring and overall design is way off. Ma is close, but I believe that there was only one PVC figure casting of the Gorgs (from a German company) and I think she was holding a hanky in her hand rather than a bag. Her colors also seem different than I recall. Junior looks close, but still not quite right. I think his shirt had a straight edge on the bottom, rather than the tapered look.

They could be some off-brand, but I don't believe they are the officially licensed ones which were originally made in the 80s.

sachminu

Reaction score
I had the same feeling, they don't have a stamp underneath them and no mention of the date. I brought these from someone in spain.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Well, depending on how much you paid for them, it's hard to say whether or not you got shafted on them. They aren't all together horrendous representations, but particularly since there's no maker's stamp or date on the bottom, I'd say they almost certainly aren't official. Could very well be something someone made up themselves.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, someone racist. :stick_out_tongue: I mean, the Gorgs are clearly all different colors, but the toys make it seem like they have all the same skin color, just different hair (fur?) color. And it's someone who seemed queasy at Pa being basically nude aside from a red belt and a coat.

sachminu

Reaction score
Well, I paid about $30 for all of them, so its ok. I guess I will keep them for now :smile:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Well, I paid about $30 for all of them, so its ok. I guess I will keep them for now :smile:
That's not so bad depending on your personal financial situation. Junior is really close to being right on the money appearance wise. Ma's not far off either. So really, it's just Pa that has major issues.

Yeah, someone racist. :stick_out_tongue: I mean, the Gorgs are clearly all different colors, but the toys make it seem like they have all the same skin color, just different hair (fur?) color. And it's someone who seemed queasy at Pa being basically nude aside from a red belt and a coat.
LOL. Yeah, but apparently they were alright with Junior running around with just a shirt on.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
The only Gorg pvc figures I have seen were the German versions, so these could possibly be from another country, or they could have been sculpted to look like the originals, seen here:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/fraggles/toys.shtml

If they arent stamped, they could easily be from Asia, Mexico, etc and would be considered some type of bootleg product.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki saves the Day again!

Yes... these are from an unknown company who produced them in France. As you can see, the sculpts are sloppy (really sloppy for the Fraggles) and the paint jobs are all over the place... but the Fraggles seem to be more or less a similar color. They have the same poor color scheme as the ones you bought. Not much is known about them, and I wonder how official they are exactly.

Foodie

Reaction score
Well, I paid about $30 for all of them, so its ok. I guess I will keep them for now
Yeah, that's not bad. They look to be some form of bootlegs ( which has probably been suggested by now ). Ma looks kind of the same but Junior & Pa look like something from Teddy Ruxpin. :excited: Maybe they're from that odd Spanish line of fraggle PVCs that floats around from time to time.

Bootleg & weirdish stuff like that is kinda cool to have
though. I have several unpainted and oddly painted fraggle PVC things. :smirk: It's fun for the whole family.