Question about Palisades Figures in plastic case

Andibcool

Reaction score
Ok over the weekend and today i was destroying the worth of most Figures by unpack em.
Sure they more worth MIB/MOC but hey they for me for display.

Anyway after unpacking the 1st figure in plastic box i did notice they smell extremely after paint or thinner.
but thats something im not to worried about.
The more bigger concern is some figures or accesorys are gluey or sticky ( not sure what word is to use ).
If i touch em they feel if some fresh glue is on em, sometimes the paint will go off.
So far its only my Phil Van Neuter and the n Muppets that came with Lips.
I also noticed they much softer then the other figures.

Anyone did experience the same and know what i can do ?

The Narrator

Reaction score
There were a few Muppet figures that ended up with tacky (and sometimes) smelly paint, Phil being the most well-known offender. So, fret not. This had nothing to do with leaving the figures in the packaging.

I put any figures like in the freezer for an hour or two and that helps a bit. (If you have a dry freezer, it's even better.)

As far as the paint apps coming off, that's a bit more of serious problem, but should also be resolved by the same solution. Just be careful in how you place them in the freezer-use non-stick paper or cookie dough sheets or something.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The sticky paint was a factory issue. They reversed a critical process during paint application resulting in the stickiness. You will find they will always have some level of that tack to them, but the freezer method mentioned is a good one. Super Beaker, Marvin Suggs, Lips and Van Neuter especially have this problem. The same discrepancy made Usher Scooter shiny, but fortunately he's not sticky.