Question about StoryTeller

aubrey071481

Reaction score
This has been bothering me for YEARS! OK, so there was a muppet show on at night when I was little, and one of the skits they would do was an old man telling scary stories with a muppet dog. Can anyone tell me about this? All I remember was there was one particular story, I dont even remember what it was about, but it was scary for a little kid and two children went to a place called Blount Island. I have no idea what else happened but it severely distrubed me bacause my dad worked on Blount Island at the time and I cried every day begging him not to go because it was an evil place. If anyone can elaborate on any of this, you seriously get a golden star! Please dig in your memory and tell me what I am talking about. :eek:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the craziness of Muppet Central. From your description, it sounds as if you're talking about the StoryTeller series. This was developed as a series of half-hour stories, as the second half-hour of the episodes of The Jim Henson Hour.
Afterwards, HBO decided to develop the StoryTeller into its own series, airing the five stories from JHH and creating four more of which the one you speak of might be included.
Four more StoryTeller episodes were produced, under the Greek Myths sub-banner.

For more information on this series, I recommend you visit muppet.wikia.com and search for "StoryTeller", then leaf through the episode guides/descriptions.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Ok and also they are on DVD now! They are well worth buying! You can get them on Amazon.com!

Java

Reaction score
I have the dvd's and the printed book of stories (except the Greek Myths) by Anthony Minghella and can't find any reference to the island. It's been a little bit (about a month) since I've had the chance to watch the series again but my first thought would be to check the story of The Soldier and Death as that one is to me one of the scariest ones.

The other stories (that aren't Greek Myths) are:
The Three Ravens
Hans My Hedgehog
The Luck Child
The True Bride
Fearnot
The Heartless Giant
Sapsorrow
A Story Short