Question about the big dog.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yep, I remember that very clearly. I even remember a blooper in that one with Bob McGrath forgetting to sign for Linda when he spoke to her. I'd really like to be able to see that one again if I got a chance.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmmm. I don't remember the episode where Linda "adopted" Barkley. I just recall they've established him as Linda's dog.

Then again, I do remember an episode where a lady from an animal shelter came to Sesame Street. Hoots told her that Barkley didn't have an owner that he knew of so the lady took him to the shelter. Then the rest of the gang came and took him back.
she never did. he wasn't owned by anybody.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nope. Barkley definately has been established as Linda's dog. I remember a sketch where Gordon said he was building a doghouse for "Linda's dog Barkley." There was also an episode where Telly did a Monster on the Spot news story from Linda's house where she lived with Barkley. Also, I recall an Elmo's World where it was established that Barkley was the pet of Linda. So Barkley does belong to Linda. At least he did before she left he show.

Whatever

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I don't know about Linda & Bob as a romantic couple, there seems to be one problem. Bob is a musician and Linda is deaf, how is she going to appreciate Bob's love for music when she can't hear it? :confused:
She might not have been deaf her whole life, and anyway deaf people can learn about music by feeling the vibrations from a piano, etc.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, Barkley was for sure Linda's dog.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARKLEY!!!!!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Happy B'day Barkley

Happy b'day Barkley
Linda didn't officially adopt him per se she just wound being the one who took care of him. And yeah, I guess Linda could feel the beat and handle the rhythm part of music through that. I guess since I am hearing I have a hard time thinking about it that way. Also I'm a deep bass baritone, while my wife is a soprano, so naturally to me pitch and volume are big issues, and when you're deaf those things don't work so well. Also I write rhyming poetry and since most songs are based on rhymes that can also be a problem for the deaf. BTW if I remember right Linda was born deaf and she was purposely added to the show in order to make deaf children feel accepted. Too bad she disappeared :cry:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Whatever said:
She might not have been deaf her whole life, and anyway deaf people can learn about music by feeling the vibrations from a piano, etc.
she was deaf from the time she was on the show and I don't see the big fuss of her being deaf and not being able to hear music in order to have a liking to Bob.