Question about the big dog.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yeah, that skit is from 2 years ago and it's the only thing with Linda in it that's been aired since she left the show a year about a year before that. There's 2 reasons I'm surprized to see that skit. 1. It had Linda in it, and she's no longer a charachter on Sesame Street. 2. That is an older skit that takes place on the street from about 15 years prior to when it aired 2 years ago. That was back when the show was being filmed at a totally different studio, and they had an entire different set. You don't really see much off the wall continuity on Sesame Street these days, but it sure is good to see it. I know I'm weird :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Yeah, that skit is from 2 years ago and it's the only thing with Linda in it that's been aired since she left the show a year about a year before that. There's 2 reasons I'm surprized to see that skit. 1. It had Linda in it, and she's no longer a charachter on Sesame Street. 2. That is an older skit that takes place on the street from about 15 years prior to when it aired 2 years ago. That was back when the show was being filmed at a totally different studio, and they had an entire different set. You don't really see much off the wall continuity on Sesame Street these days, but it sure is good to see it. I know I'm weird :stick_out_tongue:
Really? It didn't look that old. Maybe it was. Are you sure we are talking about the same one. The street story was about Rosita and the Frog Prince.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yes that skit with Linda and the kid spelling the word Hot is from 1988 I remember seeing it when I was little.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, it's good that they're still playing older skits with Linda. I just wonder why she left the show. Her character was really great and she definately had something going on with Bob.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Linda & Bob HMMMM

I don't know about Linda & Bob as a romantic couple, there seems to be one problem. Bob is a musician and Linda is deaf, how is she going to appreciate Bob's love for music when she can't hear it? :confused:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never really thought of that. But I guess it's possible. I mean Linda signed "Keep Christmas With You" when Bob and the kids were singing, she could enjoy his music that way.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Well, in response to your question about Lyman. Jim Davis had mentioned in the Garfield 20th Anniversary book that he has been asked about that and there is a list of reason's why he's not around anymore. The most common one: Don't look in Jon's basement. But there was no mention of his disappearance in the strip. That is kind of strange.

Okay, now that I got that out of my system let's go back to Sesame Street. I guess it's true Barkley could still be on the show. Others could take care of him. I've seen Bob care for him and once Gordon built a doghouse for him. And there was Luis' "In and Out" song. Reminds me of the shelty I have at home. Lol. It is too bad about Linda not being on the show anymore though. Barkley might be around more often if he were seen with her.

About Wolfgang the Seal, the only time I remember seeing him was on the New Year's special. I guess I hadn't watched the show at the time he was shown as Uncle Wally's pet. I think the actor who played him died in real life, so they decided not to keep him on the show. It is a bit strange that they'd keep the seal around.

Another strange thing about Linda not being on the show anymore is that there's an episode coming up where we'll meet Bob's deaf niece. We know Bob had something going on with Linda, so how come he's never made mention of his niece before? That's strange. Hopefully in that episode, they'll make some mention of Linda.
I possitive Linda didn't own him because I i sort of recall the 1st epside he was on and he just appeared on the street one day when everyone was playing in the play area.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Then Linda took him in

You're right, in Barkley's first appearance he didn't have an owner, but later on Linda took him in and taught him sign.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I don't remember the episode where Linda "adopted" Barkley. I just recall they've established him as Linda's dog.

Then again, I do remember an episode where a lady from an animal shelter came to Sesame Street. Hoots told her that Barkley didn't have an owner that he knew of so the lady took him to the shelter. Then the rest of the gang came and took him back.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Wow Daffyfan! I haven't seen that one in years! That one was from around 1986 I think. I remember that lady changed Barkley's named to Fuzzy and she sang the Bingo song, only with the name Fuzzy instead. F U Z Z Y, F U Z Z Y, F U Z Z Y, and fuzzy was his name Oh!