Question about the Muppaphones

jerseycat10

Reaction score
We were watching the Comcast Kids music channel the other day, and a Muppets song came on. It was pretty much someone sounding like they were getting punched, and saying, "Ow" the whole time. My daughter curiously loved it, and wants to hear it again.

Can anyone help?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. You probably happened to catch the incomparable Marvin Suggs. :smile:: I say that because there's really nothing I can compare him to.

Marvin Suggs performs with the Muppaphones, most notedly by whacking them to get the desired ow-note. You can go to the Lots of MUP3's thread and request his songs, someone will possibly have them and help by sending them along.

Hope this helps and have a good time exploring the rest of the forums. :batty:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
We were watching the Comcast Kids music channel the other day, and a Muppets song came on. It was pretty much someone sounding like they were getting punched, and saying, "Ow" the whole time. My daughter curiously loved it, and wants to hear it again.

Can anyone help?
If you can give me your e-mail address I can easily send you and your daughter the song. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much a given it was Lady of Spain huh? What about Witch Doctor, you got that too Prawnidew?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:shifty: Yeah, yous got a point dere. C'mon, let's go get some pizza, I'm hungry.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...and of course, if you wanted to do something as radical as, oh i don't know, BUYING a Muppet cd thus supporting such releases and encouraging more, this track can be found on both "Best of the Muppets" (which is half a classic tracks cd and half a Muppets Wizard of Oz soundtrack") or the out of print (but often easier to find) Muppets: Music, Mayhem and More" - a Rhino Records release which is half songs from the Muppet Show and half from the movies. (This is also the better choice since Best of the Muppets cuts some of the dialogue on this particular track)

This way not only do you support the Muppets but you'll also have a whole bunch of other songs the both of you will also fall in love with.