Question to those who make replicas

BenjaminaGunn

Reaction score
Does anyone out there actually own Wacky Stacks or better yet does anyone use them to make eyes on thier replicas? I would love to see some example photos before I undertake such a project. Thanks!
:confused:

Teenager's

Reaction score
I saw a pair earlier this summer on an old eye mech example. They're really just like smaller thicker ping pong balls. Sorry--I just looked if I had taken any pics of them...but I hadn't.----But they're slightly smaller & thicker than ping pong balls. Really not too special.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
The interesting thing that I noticed while looking at the original eyes was the speckles. I had NO idea they were speckled.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Yea. I thought that was interesting too.

& for clear up...staceyrebecca means that the eyes aren't pure white as they would seem. There are small bits of gray/black all over that cameras don't pick up. It's really interesting but cool.

But I don't know if the wacky stacks are speckled....the ones I saw were old and yellowed.

BenjaminaGunn

Reaction score
Yea. I thought that was interesting too.

& for clear up...staceyrebecca means that the eyes aren't pure white as they would seem. There are small bits of gray/black all over that cameras don't pick up. It's really interesting but cool.

But I don't know if the wacky stacks are speckled....the ones I saw were old and yellowed.
My set of Wacky Stacks is actually balls of different colors....like blue and red and yellow ect.
Having worked on TV I can say that the reason they are speckled is to give the white color a "pureness" that wouldnt read if they were just plain white. Also when you speckle or "fleck" whether with painting or make-up you hide imperfections and flaws and blend everything together seamlessley.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Do the wacky stacks come in some sort of packaging? If so, do you have any spare that you would sell?