Questionabout Kermit's Pupils

wes

Reaction score
Hey does any one no where I can get the material use to make the pupils of Kermit.

I have been using yard sale dots, But I got to see one of Terry angus's Puppets and it had sort of a Velvet texture to the pupil it was very nice. I want to get some of it if any one can point me in the right direction!

Lab Rat

Reaction score
Hi there the stuff used to make kermit's pupils is flocked sticky backed plastic it is available at craft shops i use it on all my puppets you can see them by going to www.picturetrail.com and search gluvets.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have used black velvet from a material shop.I think it was called velverette.It was for a different character, but I found the material started freying around the edges.I endered up putting white PVA wood work glue on the back to hold it together.When it dried, then I cut the circles out.Perhaps you could use felt, but it has a bit rougher texture.

wes

Reaction score
Lab Rat said:
Hi there the stuff used to make kermit's pupils is flocked sticky backed plastic it is available at craft shops i use it on all my puppets you can see them by going to www.picturetrail.com and search gluvets.
Thanks lab Rat your puppet alway look awesome! I'll look in the craft store, would it be in the scrapbooking section or someplace else?

muppetperson said:
I have used black velvet from a material shop.I think it was called velverette.It was for a different character, but I found the material started freying around the edges.I endered up putting white PVA wood work glue on the back to hold it together.When it dried, then I cut the circles out.Perhaps you could use felt, but it has a bit rougher texture.
I'll check both places thank Guys!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If fraying is a problem you can try getting some Fray Check (it comes in a small bottle) from a fabric store and apply that. It dries perfectly transparent and is not nearly as messy as using glue.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
it's usually on a roll with all the other sticky backed plastic the flocked is available in black red blue and green.

wes

Reaction score
thanks I'll look for it!!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
the rolls of sticky back felted paper can be hard to find in the U.S.A., try looking for a Restoration Hardware they sell it, (i belive it is used mainly for the bottoms of lambs and jewlery boxes to prevent scuffing nice tables and stuff,

for fraying troubles on materials i like using a thin layer of contact cement , dap it on the backing of furs or velvitnes , etc... and it will hold the threads in place when dry , its also still very flexible for putting on rounded surfaces,

wes

Reaction score
thanks Buck, ravagefrackle, and travelingPat.

I'll hunt it down!