Questionabout Kermit's Pupils

CBPuppets

Reaction score
What did Give Jim Henson the Inspiration to give Kermit those eyes? must be an example of Abstract Creativity.

wes

Reaction score
In the beging he was a abstract Lizard/amphbain creature, In such I believe that he was a mixture of many different creature, My brother had some turtle that had that shape eye's and soem frogs do i guess.

That would be something cool to research!

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Learn something new every day!

Great information here on the Kermit Eyes. Proof that you can learns something new every day.:smile:

wes

Reaction score
Black Flocked Paper!! Eye Pupils

I spoke with Terry Angus by way of email and he told me the stuff he use is Flocked paper with an self-adheasive back, I googled it and found some. From what I have been able to tell they use this stuff making home-made Telescopes. felt and velvet was great but to thick. I think this stuff is gona work!! an it's pretty resonable price

Here's the Site:http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp?pn=3060068&bhcd2=1163690160

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
When I was a kid...

When I was a kid I had a plush Kermit. His eyes quickly faded as I took him with me EVERYWHERE! My mom used a perm. marker but it still scratched off and looked awful. I fixed kermit in a very (I think) ingenious way for a 10 year old- I got my mom to purchase black felt circles- the kind they put on the bottom of tables and chairs so as not to scratch the floor. I made a Kermit eye template from paper then traced it on the black felt. I then cut out the felt and then peeled off the paper on the back of the felt to reveal the sticky part that would have been used to stick to the bottom of a chair leg. The eye looked great and stayed on the entire time I had him. Pretty good idea for a ten year old!:wink: