Questions About The Toy Industry

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though, even after seeing the thing, I always thought the concept was "fanfic-y." I totally wish the movie was like the last 10 minutes.

I REALLY hope Nick doesn't give us a parody oriented rehash of the old series. Sigh... I WANT to see Ultimate TMNT at one point.

Oh, and I did like how they showed EVERY possible version of the TMNT in the background at one point, even referencing the odd Japanese OVA's. Even put in one of the unused concepts for BTTS just to sting us.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Though, even after seeing the thing, I always thought the concept was "fanfic-y." I totally wish the movie was like the last 10 minutes.
Oh it was definitely fanfic-y, like when they did a similiar story with the two Alvin & the Chimpunk shows. Though I thought that special was done better with the two franchises switching time periods and being all out of place, lol.

beaker

Reaction score
This is more or less to DrTooth:

Now that its been a month since Toy Fair, anything from there that you're excited about other than the Hasbro Sesame stuff?
Only thing for me is the new Sonic figures.

I have to say, I am extremely disappointed and disgusted by the "new" Ninja Turtles unveiling. Talk about a slap on the wrist...I could not envision a more ugly, muddy new look for the TMNT. Very very sad.

And looks like we finally have word that the Boom Muppet titles are gone, and it's very unclear if Marvel will pick up the line or release their own version.

Add to that and the fact there's been not one single promotional item, poster, teaser or any Muppet merchandise as of mid march...very odd.