Questions for BlueAM

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, gotta give some props to BlueAM for plugging away at all those unnamed Anything Muppet characters and fattening up the listings. To that end, here are a few questions I was hoping to get some help with.
1 If you could, please tell me about the sketch with Cookie Monster and "The Addition Hippy", since I don't know that one.
2 What SS record/album featured the song "Big Kids Cry"? Or on what episode was it featured; what was the episode's street story?
3 Now I understand that "Goin' for a Ride" and "Let's Go Driving in an Automobile" are two different songs. So, how would you list the family from the latter?
4 Here's a brief list of characters I'd like descripts for current inclusions.
a. The Alphabet Miner, from a News Flash segment.
b. The African Alphabet Tribe, from the song "African Alphabet" sung by Kermit The Frog.
c. The Coconut Counting Man, the Count from the song of the same name as sung by Harry Belafonte.
d. The birds from that same song sung by Harry Belafonte with the Count as the Coconut Counting Man.
5 If you want a truly obscure or arcane group of AM's for descript help, then try this one on for size... the AM's who held up sticks connected to the numbers 1-10 in a Spanish counting song sung by Celia Cruz.
Hope to hear from you soon, and post your answers in this thread.
Have a great weekend, and keep supporting the BlueAM Drive.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Here are my responses, Count:

1. I'll have to check the SS Lyrics Archive site for that, since that's where I heard about it.
2. I really don't know.
3. I would list them as "Father", "Mother", "Son", and "Daughter", or "Brother" and "Sister", whichever you prefer.
4.a. I'm not sure. I'll have to check with other forum members about this.
b. The African Alphabet Tribe: One of them was blue with a pink nose, lavender eyelids, black hair, and African tribe clothes. The next was the small pink AM with blue (I think) eyelids, a green (I think) nose, ears, and African tribe clothes. The next was magenta with a pink nose, green (I think) eyelids, and African tribe clothes. The next one was lavender with black hair, an orange nose, orange (I think) eyelids, and African tribe clothes. The last one was orange with black hair, a blue nose, blue eyelids, and African tribe clothes.
c. In that skit, the Count wore a straw hat, an ascot, and a floral shirt, as well as his cape.
d. The first bird was small and golden yellow, with a golden yellow beak, and golden yellow eyelids. The other bird was also small and purple with orange (I think) eyelids, an orange beak, and a purple feather at the top of his (?) head.
5. I dunno. This skit is on the Fiesta video, so I'll have to watch it and get descripts for you. There are many other AMs on that video, so I'll get those for you, as well.

Hope this helps, and have a good night.

BlueAM

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks BlueAM, you'll see your hard work rewarded once I finish off the new characters from Season 35 and a few other additions upon posting ML 10.5.
As for the Alphabet Miner, it was done up for the letter J. So your best bet would be to search out episodes from the mid-late 80's to early-mid-90's sponsored by the letter J to find this News Flash segment.
As for the AM's holding up the numbers on sticks... that sketch/song's on the Fiesta DVD? Rully?? Man, thought that one was lost in the vaults somewhere, might have to invest some moneys into buying some of these releases from SS Videos.
Thanks and keep plugging away with the character descript requests. It rully does help narrow down those obscure characters.