Questions for Kevin Donoghue - Video Co-Ordinator for Follow That Bird.

FutureMuppeteer

Reaction score
Friday I am doing the interview...after school.

so, folks the deadline for questions is thursday. like I said...he wasnt a muppeteer or an actor in the movie, but he still worked on it as a member of the crew...trust me, he has stories to tell. (yes, he worked with Jim and Frank)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
We should have more of this sort of informing talks with such people here.
As long as they consent to it of course.
Looking forward to reading the interview

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm excited to see what info you've gathered.

FutureMuppeteer

Reaction score
I am looking forward to doing the interview...he is the one that brought my interest in muppets back. When he told me that he worked on Follow That Bird, Fraggle Rock, Erics World (I know nothing to do with muppets...but still very kool) I thought that was very kool and got me back to the world of Muppets.

FutureMuppeteer

Reaction score
ok...I dont know whether he will know all those Muppet related questions...but, I will ask him. if not...I will record a behind the scenes story and post it on here.

any more from anyone?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I sort of have 2 questions if thats ok...
my favorite part of the movie the blue bird of happiness..
1) was there really a blue big bird by that I mean did they really make a blue big bird costume? or was it lighting? I ask this question because he seems to change color a bit in the scene I noticed some yellow at times then I see him all blue at others...
2) during the scene when susan and gorden had to rescue big bird from the sleaze brothers...was the scene very hard to shoot where bird had to jump from the cage to the car? it just seems to crazy and dangerous! was it really carol spinny or did they use a stunt man?
ok I tried to think of the most interesting questions I could think of to ask.
:smile:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I also posted this in the Follow That Bird Discussion Thread, but does he know Caroll Spinney's address? I'll try to think of some more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
was it really carol spinny or did they use a stunt man?
I know that Caroll Spinney confirmed at the Henson Film Festival from 2004 that it was a stunt man who performed Big Bird in that scene. However, I have been wodnering lately if a stunt man performed Big Bird in the scene where Big Bird runs from Ernie and Bert's plan and then jumps to the ground.

BEAR

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
2) during the scene when susan and gorden had to rescue big bird from the sleaze brothers...was the scene very hard to shoot where bird had to jump from the cage to the car?
I think you meant Gordon and Olivia.:wink: