Questions regarding Fraggle Puppets

Whispers

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have a fraggle puppet pattern they wouldn't mind sharing with me?:smile: I've been searching for one on eBay and in the forums and haven't had any luck yet:embarrassed: [except with puppetise but i'd like other variations as well]

Also I have a question, does anyone know what kind of material it is that was used for the bodies of the Fraggles? I want to make my own Red Fraggle but don't really know what the material is and haven't seen anything similar to it at the fabric stores xP

And also, any suggestions for sewing a fabric that causes the machine to skip stitches? My machine keeps doing that and when i try to re-sew, it sometimes causes the fabric to cut open DX

Thanks in advance to help offered!:excited:

wes

Reaction score
Whispers said:
And also, any suggestions for sewing a fabric that causes the machine to skip stitches? My machine keeps doing that and when i try to re-sew, it sometimes causes the fabric to cut open DX
I'm Not a Proffesional Seamsteer, but it sounds like a Thread problem, in my singer if I put two differnet threads in (in bobbin and through the needle)it raval and skips.

as far a material if you want to do as they do at henson they use Antron Fleece which (at best ) needs to be hand sewed.

As far as pattern Bork Bork wh opost here has a blog here: http://swe-puppets.blogspot.com/2006/07/gobo-fraggle-1st-try.html, you can probably get an Idea from there, also Puppetproject has a pattern that is simalar to a fraggle here:stick_out_tongue:uppetproject and here

Like mis Frizzle says :Take chances, make mistakes, get messy! try to make your own Pattern! It may just work!!

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Sewing machines

I had some trouble with my machine a few years ago while sewing thick fur. I ended up having to take it to a shop to have it readjusted internally. Then it worked great. Sometimes sewing machine even need a tune up.:smile:

Whispers

Reaction score
wes said:
I'm Not a Proffesional Seamsteer, but it sounds like a Thread problem, in my singer if I put two differnet threads in (in bobbin and through the needle)it raval and skips.

as far a material if you want to do as they do at henson they use Antron Fleece which (at best ) needs to be hand sewed.

As far as pattern Bork Bork wh opost here has a blog here: http://swe-puppets.blogspot.com/2006/07/gobo-fraggle-1st-try.html, you can probably get an Idea from there, also Puppetproject has a pattern that is simalar to a fraggle here:stick_out_tongue:uppetproject and here

Like mis Frizzle says :Take chances, make mistakes, get messy! try to make your own Pattern! It may just work!!
Really? I thought it was a needle problem, the material itself is so rough and even my dad, who used to be a tailor ages ago, hates the material..

And I didn't really mean the Antron Fleece, I meant the shaggy looking material used on the body alone >>;

And I think I will attempt to make my own pattern!
dkmontgomery said:
I had some trouble with my machine a few years ago while sewing thick fur. I ended up having to take it to a shop to have it readjusted internally. Then it worked great. Sometimes sewing machine even need a tune up.:smile:
Hmmm, that could be the problem! But the fabric is so hard and annoying, its frustrating.. I have to use a leather needle on it but it still skips a few stitches so i have to go back and fix those. But if I do it too often, IT MAKES HOLES IN THE FABRIC! Dx

wes

Reaction score
You may want to ajust the tention, it has to do with it too, but your dad would know more!:smile: Hope you get it fix it drives me crazy when my machine is out of service.