Questions that Need Answers!

dwmckim

Reaction score
That one moment of Rizzo being voiced by Dave was something i was almost going to mention in my last post - that every now and then on rare occasion there are moments when the substitute performer voices the character on set with the real performer dubbing in lines later where they accidentally FORGET to loop the lines and the original line read gets left in. It happened in Muppet Classic Theatre with Rizzo, it happened in the first two episodes of Muppets Tonight! where they forgot to loop Dave's voice over Kevin Clash doing Waldorf, one of Statler's lines in Very Muppet Christmas Movie was left untouched so it was Steve instead of Jerry (though soon after Steve would end up replacing Jerry anyway as Statler's official performer), and one line in Elmo in Grouchland where you hear David as Mr. Johnson rather than Jerry.

...and though not "mistakes" per se, there were also a number of times you could hear the original Muppeteer's on-set lines in the blooper reel and the trailer for Muppets From Space.

...and on rare occasion, the substitute performer does a good enough job with the voice that they consciously decide not to go through the trouble of having the "real" performer dub over the line such as Kevin doing Animal in the Sandra Bullock ep of Muppets Tonight! or Piggy in the Dancing in the Dark number.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I looked up Puppet Heap on Google, and one of the first things to show up was a map of the location. It is located in Hoboken, NJ. I can't remember the exact adress, though.

dwmckim

Reaction score
So when Rizzo tells you he's from Joisey, you betta believe him!

Fraggline

Reaction score
VERY RARELY a different Muppeteer will play one...Rizzo was once played by Dave Goelz when Kermit was busy in a scene; Piggy was played by Richard Hunt or Frank Oz in TMS season one depending if Fozzie or Scooter was in it; John Tartaglia once played Ernie for a season of Play with Me Sesame...and each one did an AMAZING job! If I weren't a Muppet fan and hadn't been anticipating when Dave Goelz would play Rizzo on Muppet Classic Theater, I wouldn't have noticed.
I love that part --- the one with Rizzo! Dave Goelz did such a good job, and whenever that part plays on the video, I always stop whatever I'm doing and pay that line some respect! It's almost as if Dave Goelz knew Steve Whitmire so well that his Rizzo was that good.:shifty:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I love that part --- the one with Rizzo! Dave Goelz did such a good job, and whenever that part plays on the video, I always stop whatever I'm doing and pay that line some respect! It's almost as if Dave Goelz knew Steve Whitmire so well that his Rizzo was that good.:shifty:
I need to see that eventually. Dave Goelz is such a talented Muppeteer. He's really the only one whose voices trick me sometimes. I'm pretty good at identifying everyone else's voices, but every now and then I'll miss spotting a Dave voice. So much talent! :concern: