Quick "Very Merry" muppet question...

brian

Reaction score
Ok, we all know that Disney now owns muppets...

With that being said, and the purchase completed, does Disney now own the rights to the "Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"?

The reason I ask, my brain has been debating the last few months on what would be happening....

In the scene where Kermit talks about how the bad lady owns everything and whatnot, then Kermit says "Corporate synergy" then the NBC logo appears on the bottom of his foot.

I remember that this was on NBC when it was first aired. Does NBC/MGM still own the rights to this?

I thought I read somewhere that Disney was releasing this again on Disney DVD with some extra features and whatnot. If this part is true, would Disney keep in the NBC Peacock logo as well as the little chime?

I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time, if anyone can shed some light, thank you in advance!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
if disney owns this now ( which i don't know) the Nbc scene would be deleted

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
they don't own it not yet anyways.....knowing them they would digitaly put a disney logo there instead of nbc...:rolleyes:

brian

Reaction score
I kinda think they will if/when they do obtain the rights to the movie (if the do, or whatever, i dont know where the rights are...)

Would they remove the little (General Electric Company) NBC Chime? And maybe add a disney sound?

I spent a few hours one night debating this with some friends, then coming up with the funniest replacement ideas.

I think putting camilla on kermits foot would be unexpected, but thats just me thinkin outside the box

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
brian said:
I thought I read somewhere that Disney was releasing this again on Disney DVD with some extra features and whatnot. If this part is true, would Disney keep in the NBC Peacock logo as well as the little chime?
:rolleyes::
where did u read this?! :zany:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
they don't own it not yet anyways.....knowing them they would digitaly put a disney logo there instead of nbc...:rolleyes:
Or maybe they would replace it with the ABC logo.

I think it's a bit weird that for that scene, they put the NBC logo on Kermit's foot instead of the Jim Henson Company (or perhaps the EM.TV) logo.