RadioNate & Fozzie Bear...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm just glad that Nate and all of YOU are okay, too. I would have imagined from the devasation here that there would have been some damages in Oxford as well, but it's odd that it wasn't as wide of a storm as one might imagine.

There are 81,000 people still without utilities at the end of Monday (around 4 pm), and 1,000 light/utility poles which have to be erected and reattached to the lines, not to mention the re-wiring in many places.

Last night, a thunderstorm came through town. Like we needed that. They discussed 40 mph winds which could possibly have (and may have) created more damages via the already damaged trees etc.

Obviously with roofs having holes in them, there's more damages to peoples' homes. :frown:

The rotten thing? MORE STORMS are in our forecast!! Here's how our weather forecast looks as of 8.37 am 7/28/2003:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/38104?lswe=38104&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

T-Storms on Today, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Yuck! :grouchy:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I love you all like a family!
and I'm like the uncle who only visits when he needs a free place to stay anymore.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Latest update:

Last night the totals got down to around 70,000 without lights, but after the storm last evening and due to lightning the total's back up to 75,000 without utilities.

7 people are now dead, the number rose this morning when a guy in a coma since last tuesday when a tree he was cutting fell on him died.

More storms on the way.

Can I come stay with someone in England for a while??? New Zealand? Australia? CUCamonga?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well you can come here...if you can stay in the garage and hide everytime my parents come....watch out for the dead rabbits the cat brings up

:smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ew.

We used to find dead baby rabbits in my uncle's pool cleaner!
:cry:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Our dogs killed a baby skunk a few nights ago.

Why are we talking about this?

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Our dogs killed a baby skunk a few nights ago.

Why are we talking about this?
I don't know about you, when my cat kills someone small animal, to me it's kinda like when normal people's kids bring home A's.

I love my cat.
*And Hera continues to scare herself*

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL!!

I was back at my non-utility-pumped apartment last night and looked at my clock. It stopped at 7 minutes until 7 am, which is when the storm hit my area bad enough to knock the power out.

This morning on Rock 103, they replayed that morning when they bolted out of the studio when the storm hit. From the hallway you can hear certain expletives, but you also hear (just before they split) Bad Dog (a dj there) say, "We're in a tornado, c'mon let's go." Then, in the background you hear the wind through the walls and something smacks the window...they're on the third floor.

Finally, my buddy had set his digital cable service to record the Channel 3 news that morning since the MuleySuit was supposed to be on, but the power was out. Last night, we watched the news program.

The storm wasn't as big a surprise as everyone thought. The weathermen were on the air by 6:30 am discussing the on-coming storm, and were discussing the high winds. I think what the actual surprise was is that they had no idea how strong the storm would be. We were watching and listening to the recorded program as they took a hit from lightning and then the lights were flashing off and on all around the news desk. The reporter stated that "if we go off the air, just hang on because we'll be right back..." and about that time is when the recording stopped, which was at 6:47 am and about the time my first calls from Billy began and the phone died out and I hit the bathtub with a mattress.

Then, you already know the rest of the story from earlier in the post.