Raise your hand if you HATE UPS!

beaker

Reaction score
It is my sincere hope, that unless UPS changes their archaic ways people will stop using them.

Hss anyone on here had problems with UPS, or been frustrated by them? You see once again...today I find a note on the floor from UPS, saying it was a 2nd attempt and the third would be final. You never know what time they are coming and its always an inconvenient one...to where they barely knock and then take off...giving you hardly a chance to get your package. I musta been gone 5 minutes and once again I find out UPS came.

So a call was placed...20 minutes on hold, then a bunch of BS by several operators there. I guess UPS is some shadowy company, as they wouldnt tell me where the local UPS station is. I wanted my package, but they couldnt tell me where the local hub was, nor the specific UPS truck or its route. Nothing. How the heck to they expect people to get their packages? Do they expect people to be home all day waiting for the UPS truck like some sort of cable guy? Heck, they even insult me by saying finally theyd thry and get ahold of the truck and call me within the hour. liars.

My Big Gripe? Unlike the USPS, there is no local station to pick up your package with a miss delivery? with USPS they usually just leave it or leave it with a neighbor, or in your apartment manager's office. But UPS...noooo. They have to make it difficult, to the point where it discourages one from buying from certain companies. I asked whats up with that, the fact theres no way to pick up an item...heck your virtually at the mercy of th eUPS delivery guy. Its nuts and is very mismanaged.

I really dislike that some companies I order from use UPS. It is so ineeficient. I realize Palisades and others use it because of price breaks...but UPS should be ashamed. Even their online tracking is a joke, as it only tells ya it was sent off. Ooh, thanx Cleo!
That tells me a lot.

UPS is a joke, and like that strike that happened a few years back, I hope they either change their ways or go under like Enron or Worldcom.

towels

Reaction score
If you do live in an apartment, you can leave a note on your door saying to leave packages at the managers office, or a lot of package companies can relay those instructions to the driver. I'm also not sure why you have trouble with the tracking website. When I click the more detail button, I get a listing for every location, every day where my package is, and once it's signed for, the name.
I'll take UPS over USPS's drop it in the mailbox and hope it gets there anyday. Even with certified you are hoping it gets there and that the certificate makes it back to you.
And yes, yes...stamps are sooooo cheap, and it's soooo much cheaper to mail here than other countries, but really. How many stamp increases could we have avoided if they weren't spending a bunch of money to sponsor Lance Armstrong? (And I love Lance's story- I just resent USPS sponsoring things)

Oops, guess I stumbled onto a soapbox there...

beaker

Reaction score
I personally have not and dont plan on ever using UPS to send...UPS is so impersonal, whereas I absolutely love the local USPS and its employees. UPS no longer leaves stuff in the apartment complex office, along with other erroneous new hassles. The local USPS guy will knock a few times and ring, then leave a message and leave it there. UPS, ha. Its like a bother for them to make sure ya get it, or picking it up. I know theres others on here who know what Im talking about when I say UPS sucks.

Joe

Reaction score
I've personally never had any problem with UPS, it bothers me though, that there can be a car IN the driveway, the front door open, and they STILL don't knock, they just leave the package and/or you weren't here to sign slip, and go on their way. our mailman rings our bell even when we aren't home..

Chadj76

Reaction score
I buy a lot, and I mean a LOT of things over the internet. And a fair estimate would be that 75% of the packages I recieve from UPS are beat to ****! Dent, crushed, half opened etc. Luckily the shipper has always pack well, but on the occasion they don't forget about it. UPS is the WORSE!

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe
our mailman rings our bell even when we aren't home..
How do you know this if you aren't home?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I really dislike that some companies I order from use UPS. It is so ineeficient. I realize Palisades and others use it because of price breaks...but UPS should be ashamed.
actually, the way i understood it was that they used UPS not because of the "price breaks" (though it it usually cheaper), but because they can track it. with smaller companies, like Palisades, or companies that are shipping things out that only exist in small quantities, also like Palisades, knowing where your product is is imparative.

can you imagine ordering an IS Fozzie, and having it get lost in shipment...then finding out that there aren't any more to replace it? it'd be disastrous. they're gonna have it hard enough because of replacements due to defective hats...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Personally, I *love* UPS. It must depend where you live, because my UPS guy always leaves my packages (he even goes to the side porch where they are more secluded), he always rings the bell or sometimes, if the window is open, he will give a cheery "UPS delivery" shout. He is mighty fine.

Why, my UPS man even *knows* me and my daughter (he knows when her birthday is too!) by name, and will always say hello when we see him around town. Emileigh calls him "my UPS man", and waves and smiles whenever she sees him. In fact, he is so personal, that he took the time to tell me that my materials (for my Art classroom) had been delivered so I knew to go over to the school! I like him so much that I felt sorry that he had to lug in 14 double-sided easels on my behalf!

So don't knock *all* of UPS... my UPS man is a wonderful, friendly soul, not unlike Santa Claus.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jes,

*Sings*
Jes and the UPS man sitting in a tree...

see ya

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey, I understand a lot of you guys are upset, but remember:

Frogs Love the Truck!!