Raposo bio/interviews..?

RaposoFan

Reaction score
Hi --

I recently acquired some '70s-era Sesame Street albums on vinyl. I'm really enjoying the songwriting and arrangements, as I think they're phenominal. I know these albums were intended for kids, but there's a subtly sophisticated, very creative level of songwriting and musicianship I'm hearing in a lot of the Raposo/Moss songs/recordings.

Anyways, I'm a musician and I want to know more about Joe Raposo's approach to songwriting and orchestration, as well as his musical influences. I assume it is he (and not Jeffrey Moss) who wrote the arrangements for most of the early Sesame Street albums...?

It seems like there's virtually no information about Joe on the net (not even any fan sites!), other than the songs he wrote and the seemingly incomplete bio on his publishing company's web site. I would imagine he must have given some music-related interviews to magazines over the years. And surely I can't be the only musician who might claim him as an influence! :confused:

Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
RaposoFan said:
Hi --

I recently acquired some '70s-era Sesame Street albums on vinyl. I'm really enjoying the songwriting and arrangements, as I think they're phenominal. I know these albums were intended for kids, but there's a subtly sophisticated, very creative level of songwriting and musicianship I'm hearing in a lot of the Raposo/Moss songs/recordings.

... I can't be the only musician who might claim him as an influence! :confused:
I've been a fan of those albums all my life and still am! I'm also a musician and find great joy in listening closely to how intricate the arrangements are. I agree there isn't much info on that stuff, though.

later
eric

jediX

Reaction score
Shortly after his death, there was a special in his memory. I have this on tape but havn't watched it in years.