Rare and unproduced Labyrinth items found

Mayhem Roadie

Reaction score
Hey all,

Recently I was able to go to the Lucas Film archives here in Northern California to pich out some items to sell via a non-profit organization that I occastionally do work for. After loading boxes and boxes of Star Wars stuff, the gentlemen heading the donation process invited us to choose some items for ourselves.

Well, I found a box filled to the brim with Labyrinth merchandise, some that I was told was never roduced or meant for public consumption (never approved product samples!). It is literally the Labyrinth Jackpot, items collectors never knew existed, and some very rare items that they do know existed!

Here is a list of contents that the box contained (pics follow):

A childs costume made by Collegeville of Sir Didymus. Only the Firey and Ludo costumes were approved for sale, Sir Didymus never hit the shelves! It's boxed and complete.

2 belts made by Lee Jeans. They are childrems belts, with buckes featuring Sir Didymus and Firey respectively. Accoring to the gentlemen heading the donation, these were never produced for sale, and were product samples.

2 Frame Tray puzzles, one featuring the Firey's,and the other featuring the main cast, minus the human characters.

A jigsaw puzzle of Bowie as Jareth made by Jigstars. The puzzle is sealed in built and sealed in shrinkwrap, with the box it would have been sold in flattend and unfolded behind it.

Labyrinth bubble gum packets, a complete box of them with all packets and candy in-tact.

The Commodore 64 and the Super Famicon Labyrinth video games.

2 different types of Magic Slate pads.

A Labyrinth Sweater (maroon in color) that was given to cast and crew of the film. It's still bagged and has never been worn.

A Huge Labyrinth film poster, painted and visually stunning.

Unfortunatel, I'm not quite sure what to do witht his stuff. I'm sure some pictures could be used for merchandise archive purposes. I really only collect Muppets, and although I love Labyrinth, there's just no room for this stuff. If you want more detailed information, or have any questions please PM or email me.

Here are some pics:

http://home.comcast.net/~georgeandkathryn/wsb/media/359840/site1090.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~georgeandkathryn/wsb/media/359840/site1091.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~georgeandkathryn/wsb/media/359840/site1092.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~georgeandkathryn/wsb/media/359840/site1093.JPG

Whatever

Reaction score
Awesome! Congratulations on your finds!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have a brillient idea! Donate them to me...

But seriously, E-bay is your first and probably best bet, btu make sure you stick a high reserve for the rarer stuff. Other than that, I can't suggest. Except once its up on E-bay do a lot of collector scrabbling with links.

alorindanya

Reaction score
I am a huge Labyrinth fan and would love to negotiate if you'd rather not have to pay for an Ebay seller's account (I had no idea it would be so expensive to have one of those, or I would have one of my own).

I'm interested in the lot in your fourth picture.

(I am going on vacation for the rest of the week, so if you make a decision either way, I won't see it until Sunday)

You're so luck to have made this great find!

edible eye

Reaction score
Wow! Great stuff! I've never seen the belts, or the Didymus costume. And crew stuff is always neat. The other things, I've seen on ebay before. I know because I bought most of them :smile:

edible eye

Reaction score
Someone on ebay sells "Didymus promotional stickers." They didn't know what they were used for. Looking at the belt picture, it appears that the stickers they sell were meant to be used in the belt buckle.

Pretty cool the mystery is solved!

Mario

Reaction score
That's really cool! I can't believe they just gave you that stuff. So, are you going to try the gum? There are two parts of me right now fighting with each other. The collector side that says, "DONT OPEN THOSE ORIGINAL PACKAGES!!!" And the other side that says, "I wonder what that tastes like..." I'm looking for you ebay auction right now. Can you give us a link or your seller name?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
looks like some lucky finds. There'd be people around who would be willing to give up their lives to have a look through that stuff at lucasfilm.

Mario

Reaction score
You're darn tootin' Muppetsdownunder. What was the auction for and how did you get to pick?