Reading Rainbow app a huge Kickstarter success

mr3urious

Reaction score
You don't have to take LeVar Burton's word for this: The Reading Rainbow educational app made to promote literacy across America hit its $1 million goal on Kickstarter in less than a day, and is over $3.5 million in pledges with over 78,000 backers. And yet funding has still got 25 days to go as of this post! :smile:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh

Just another glimmer of hope amidst all this cynicism going on today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice to know... still disappointed that neither the 2008 or 1977 Yatterman series got full funding on their funding campaigns on Anime Sol... but this is pretty good news. It's such a shame there isn't really any show like that on television anymore. I'm glad we have some shows like Word Girl and Martha Speaks to teach vocabulary, I don't see why we don't have any that teach actual reading since Electric Company got canceled (considering how dumbed down the last 2 seasons got). Well... except for that piece of crap Super Why.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope this gets funded. PBS's kids shows are getting better, actually. We still need a better literacy based show than Superwhy since Electric Company and Between the Lions are both gone. Only other thing I could think of is maybe Arthur, but the major adaption displacement has overshadowed the fact this used to be a book series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, the Kickstarter has ended, and the 5 million mark has been exceeded! Now even more schools can access this app! :smile: