Ready to add links

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Well, my website is about the way I want it, minus more pictures and links.

Which is the reason for this post. Please take a look at the site, the link is posted below my signature. If you are interested, I am requesting that anyone who would like to have his/her link on my site to email it to me. This way I know I have your permission to post it.

Or, if you have sites you think would be of interest, please send that to me also. :excited: Any comments or suggestions are welcome. If you find any glitches, let me know about those too :embarrassed: .

Deb :flirt:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Nice site! As for links, I think the standard issue puppetry links are:

- Puppetry Homepage
- Puppeteers of America

and of course....

- Muppet Central (there are some spiffy link banners you can use here).

You could always add a few of the sites I do work for that are puppetry related :big_grin:

- Puppetry.ca ~ All about Puppetry in Canada
- Bear Town ~ My (hopefully) soon to debut online puppetry project (and I'll add a link to your site in return).

No glitches on your site that I can see, but I noticed your backgrounds are large RGB files (24 bit). If you wanted to make them load faster for anyone who uses a dial-up connection (and save space on Geocities) you could convert them to 256 colour images (8 bit) so the files are smaller and they load faster. This can be done in Photoshop or most other image editing programs by setting the image mode to "8 bit colour" or "256 colours" and then saving the file as a .GIF file.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to add those links.

Sam, nice start! I think I changed mine about 100 times before settling for what I've got now. Now I need to get to work on more puppets and get some more pictures on there.

Buck, thanks for the tip. I have Photoshop 7, but haven't taken the class on it yet. I've just kinda been poking around and figuring things out myself. :embarrassed: I was wondering how to get the files smaller, THANKS! :excited:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
You have done well with your site, its great, it looks much better than it did a few weeks ago. I have one tip though, you should always put the site name in the page title so that visitors know the name of the site and the site that they are on.

I dont know what kind of links you are wanting to put on your site but if you are including muppet and henson sites you can put mine on there if you want, I have a button that can be used to link to the site at www.muppetdownunder.cjb.net

Great site! Well Done! :smile:
from,
Paul

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. I'll be sure to add your link.

Unfortunately, I don't have my own web domain yet. I need to get a little further along before doing that, but for now I'm on Geocities.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I have a puppet building site, it's currently under construction, but i will be working some more on it when the summer is over. The link to it is in my signature. If you want to link to it, you may use my banner/logo at the top of the front page. You also get permission to resise it to your desire, as long as you can still see it :big_grin:

/Anders

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Thanks Paul & Anders. It will be a week or so, I'm heading off on vacation. I'll send you an email when I get them added.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Alrighty then!:excited:

Things are moving ahead. Tommorrow I will be adding more links. Michele, is there a button or graphic I can use for your link? For that matter, does anyone else have a button they'd like me to use for theirs? :confused:

I still have to make the backgrounds of each page smaller files for faster and easier downloads, but all in all it is coming right along. Thanks to everyone for all your help! :wink: