1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Red and Gobo

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by SSLFan, Jun 18, 2007.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever see :excited: and :smirk: as a couple, or is it just me? Even though, it is somewhat clear they are just friends. Whatcha' think?
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

This has been discussed many times over. Some people feel that they were and some say they weren't. As for myself, I don't really have much of an opinion yet.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

There was occasionally some innocent romantic tension there I think.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I always saw them as a couple...until I saw the show and realised that they wern't.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

I'd seen many pictures, drawings, and articles about Fraggle Rock. I knew all about the characters, the trashheaps, and the raddishes...and I assumed that Gobo and Red were a couple. When I saw the show, I was amazed at how little Red and Gobo interacted and that they wern't together.

Of course I have only seen 12 episodes from random series...but...they seemed more like rivals.
  5. Pork

Pork Active Member

I think Red likes Gobo more than Gobo likes Red.
  6. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I do not think they are a couple but out of all the Fraggles I think they would make the best couple. Their personalities are the most similar and I think their competitiveness would make for an interesting always fun relationship ... although that could also cause some major problems.
  7. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Although I now don't view the Fraggles at ALL through a romantic lense, I definitely remember thinking, as a kid, that Red had a crush on Gobo, Gobo had a crush on Mokey and Mokey and Boober had some sort of understanding. Haha! It's funny when I think about it now...

But Red totally does display the same behaviors that I did when I had a crush on some kid in like the 2nd grade, so I can see where I got that impression.
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

The way I see it... Red liked Gobo but didn't want to believe it, and Gobo had a huge amount of respect for Mokey, so showed some liking for her, and Mokey just thought of Gobo as a cute little kid, but had some sort of thing for Boober, and I think at times he reluctantly returned the emotions.

Wembley was the awesome little brother just watching them all and shaking his head. :p
  9. Beauregard

Or sister?
  10. I don't know that I ever saw them as a couple; they're both too competitive with each other! And what's funny is that I never really saw any kind of connection between them at all until I got season one and started really watching these shows again. There definitely IS some kind of special connection there, but again I don't see the "couple"-ness simply because, even though they are certainly good friends, their own pride would get in the way much too often.
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with ya there, Steve. Perfect analyzation, I think.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I don't know, they remind me of the couple from Moonlighting. They fight so much because there is a hint of romantic possibility there.
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

14. Beauregard

15. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I have these two romantically linked in a couple of fan fics, but really they are more grown up in the fan fics so it's not taking place at the same time as the series. I think it's open to interpretation and you can think how you want to think. I saw some little vibes and tension there myself and that's why I set them as a couple in the future, but it doesn't mean that's what the writers originally intended. Does that make any sense?
  16. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I've got that " edgier " picture of them with the rest of the 5ive also. People read too much into that one though. :smirk:
  17. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

oh i think that might work although it has been a long time since i have seen all the seasons of fraggle rock , i would want red to go with boober though i think that would be cute .

although grobo would be cute .
  18. Xela

Xela New Member

19. Beauregard

Of course we all know the shocking truth...everyone loves Wembly.

Oh wait, no, that was just for one episode...please continue your regularly scheduled discussion.
  20. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

I think, as a few people have mentioned, Red likes Gobo a lot, but he has feelings for Mokey, who seems to really like Boober; and Wembley and Lou are "friends" ( ;) ). Personally, I love love triangles, but I don't think Redobo (Red/Gobo) will work out too well. But I think Boored (Boober/Red) is cute.

But then again, this is coming from the girl who also likes Sired (Sidebottom/Red), shonen-ai (male/male), and crack pairings. :halo:

PS: Love your art, Foodie. ^.^ You will forever kick my butt at colored-pencil coloring!