Red & Mokey's former residence? Help

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I recently obtained a copy of the episode "A Cave of One's Own" and it shows Red and Mokey hanging out in Gobo & Wembley's room. Apparently they're there so much that Gobo and Wembley suggest they find a cave of their own. But my question is, where did they live before?

It seems almost like they live in Gobo & Wembley's room (Do Fraggles have co-eds) but I don't think that's the case. It seems they don't have their own separate caves to go to where Mokey can meditate and Red can do raquet practice. Where then did they live? Do young Fraggles live in 'kid caves' together until they go out on their own? It seems the only sets they had for the Fraggles' home caves were Boober's cave and Gobo & Wembley's cave. Mind you I don't have most of Season One.

Does anyone know the answer to my sticky question? Thanks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well as I can remember Mokey and Red did have a cave of there own. I remember when Mokey has her planet (frogot the name) and Red had a hamick and Mokey don't remember. Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erine81981, if it helps, the name of Mokey's plant was Lanford. You can find it in my Muppet Listings 8.0 thread amongst the L section. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well David, in "Mokey and the Minstrels" from Season 2, we see Mokey's personal cave in one scene, and Red is there visiting her.

So yeah, we saw Mokey's place (at least once), but I don't think we ever saw where Red lived before they became roomies...

Hope that helps ya, :smile: .

getup

Reaction score
that was a good question...do you remember in All work and All Play...Red is taking a nap in Gobo and Wembley's Room? maybe Red was homeless. maybe she lived in the great hall

Sidebottom

Reaction score
getup said:
that was a good question...do you remember in All work and All Play...Red is taking a nap in Gobo and Wembley's Room? maybe Red was homeless. maybe she lived in the great hall
In one scene in "New Trash Heap in Town", we see a lot of Fraggles sleeping on the ground, presumably in the Great Hall and just around the Rock. Maybe that's the way it is for most of them.

Clearly Fraggles don't have any problems with just sleeping "anywhere" -- witness "Boober's Dream" and "Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water".

-Sidebottom

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Well as I can remember Mokey and Red did have a cave of there own. I remember when Mokey has her planet (frogot the name) and Red had a hamick and Mokey don't remember. Hope this helps.
The episode I mentioned was the one in which they got that very cave. I meant where did they live prior to this episode?

I kinda agree with the Great Hall assessment. Of course, Red has a lot of stuff, so if she didn't have a place of her own, I wonder where she kept it?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in the Perfect Blue Rollie episode, Boober said he dug a personal cave for his private stuff. Red said, "We have so many caves here, we don't know what to do with them." So there must be a home for every Fraggle.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember in the Perfect Blue Rollie episode, Boober said he dug a personal cave for his private stuff. Red said, "We have so many caves here, we don't know what to do with them." So there must be a home for every Fraggle.
Ah! See, I never knew that, never saw the episode. That also explains how Red & Mokey were able to find a great cave that was unoccupied- they have a housing surplus rather than a shortage (which is seemingly what most places have). It also kinda answers the question about where Red kept her stuff before getting her own cave.

mokeyfraggle

Reaction score
Red's cave

Red did live on her own when she found the Sea Monster, right? I know it was only for a little while, but she could go back and visit him when she wanted. He was the last of the Lily Creatures? And she did have a LOT of stuff when she moved into that cave.

~Heather