Reinstating the book club!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Hey kids! Remember how we were all supposed to read "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" for the MC book club, yeah I was a slacker too. But I think we should reinstate the MC book club, anyone who wants to do it just say "aye"! I was thinking of either reading "The Wizard of Oz" since it was voted as number two choice during the first book club or "Wicked" since a lot of people on the forum either have read it or seemed interested in reading it. Or nominate your own book!
Just so this book club doesn't fade away like the first one- I'll be posting discussion questions, observtions, etc. And the reading requirement (can you tell I want to be a teacher one day?) will be one chapter per week, c'mon- that's really fairly easy.
So who's in? :confused:

fruitbat

Reaction score
sounds good to me....can I recommend any Robert Rankin or Ben Elton books for reading, they are great!
As for the being a teacher...go for it, I went in to teaching for a while...unfortunately picked the wrong school for me but was a great job and still think about the kids and find out what they are up to (over a year after leaving!) :smile:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Anybody interested in reading The Wheel of Time for the book club? I'm on book 3 right now. I think I'd better finish this series before I read anything else. It's driving me crazy! :halo:

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
Hmmm, the book club sounds like a good idea. :embarrassed: Wocka wocka! I think it would be fun to read The Wizard of Oz. I heard they were making a Muppet Wizard of Oz, so it would be neat to read it. Wheel of Time would be awesome too... :smile: Lets hope they don't make a Muppet version of that. But, if they do I vote Fozzie as Lan! :embarrassed:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
This sounds like a good idea for a new thread! But as far as a book club goes, I'm all for it! (That doesn't, however, mean I'll read everything) :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, I don't want to moderate this time. Mu last attempt was discouraging. :smirk:

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
So are we going to do it or not? :confused: :halo:
Yes! And I wil moderate if no one else wants to- have we decided on a book- you all want to vote? :excited: