Remastered Ducktales Video Game

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was on my way home from work this morning and my friend called me and told me about this. Awsome to see something with Ducktales! I can't get enough of Duck characters from Disney. YEEEEEEEPIEEEEEEEE!!!:excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
A little disappointed that it's not the TV show coming back to DVD/Television/Download. But pretty cool news none the less.

I REALLY hope they do a Darkwing Duck remastered if this does well enough.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I noticed they changed something from the show's theme song.
here it is
D-Danger lurks behind you
Now it's D-Danger watch behind you
okay, yeah it's one word I know but it's something I'd thought I'd say

Drtooth

Reaction score
They clearly used the soundtrack extended version of the theme song. It wasn't so much changed, so much as it was an alternate recording anyway.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Whoops. Now we have two threads about it. Better go delete that one.

Personally, I'm not even so excited about the actual game, but the fact that they're even releasing DuckTales stuff is very exciting. I hope to see more from ya Disney! :smile:

(You can read more about it right here)

I love the "Stop Emailing Me for a Quote". Brilliant.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just a head's up. It's true that they got all the surviving voice actors back, but had to recast Gyro (I guess he has an opening cutscene, he was only in some obscure bonus level in the original), Flintheart, and Gizmoduck/Fenton. All official voice actors, though. And they made some substantial changes to the game while keeping it mostly the same. They even fixed the moon level's story. Supposedly, instead of having to get the key to the ship to find Gizmoduck's remote control (the only thing in the real game that wasn't researched), you have to rescue Fenton, which makes a lot more sense. The levels are longer, and the boss fights are more substantial, fleshing out a game to make it better. Not to mention cutscenes.

Here's some footage of Transylvania

As you can see, the Beagle Boys actually do something in this game besides pop up as mooks. And they're the Beagles from the cartoon series instead of just Bouncer looking clones.

There's also footage somewhere of the Magic DeSpell battle. Pretty hairy stuff.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You can almost hear a dubstep (or should I say duckstep?) beat behind the Transylvania theme remix. That's sure to gain a lot of mixed reaction. :big_grin:

Also, here's a story about how the developers tested this remastering with a focus group of kids unfamiliar with the show, with one of them even calling Scrooge "Grandpa Duck" (which I'm surprised hasn't gone memetic yet), among other things like adding an "easy mode". Dang kids today! :grr:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/22/ducktales-remastered-tales-of-daring-remakes-and-grandpa-duck/

In all seriousness, it's understandable that kids aren't familiar with DuckTales. I mean, how long has it been since it was last shown on TV? Plus, the easy mode is totally optional at least.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In all seriousness, it's understandable that kids aren't familiar with DuckTales. I mean, how long has it been since it was last shown on TV? Plus, the easy mode is totally optional at least.
The thing that bugs me more is that even those who remember Ducktales don't know Scrooge McDuck anywhere outside of that show. I admit, when I was really really young and the show first came out, I saw a big expensive Scrooge McDuck comic hardcover collection and it absolutely amazed me that it had the same story I saw on Ducktales. I think I kinda knew Scrooge from Mickey's Christmas Carol first.

I rarely see those who know Scrooge from the comics. Actually, I was at a Rue 21 Friday and saw the most amazing thing and had to buy it. A Scrooge McDuck T-Shirt where Scrooge looks like Don Rosa's version of the character. A Mainstream merchandise reference to the comics.

But that's fair, because only Europe loves the Duck Family based comic books and the exclusive characters that come from them (especially international interpretations of the character). Disney over here gives us Cars and Princesses and whatever other license they bought (sometimes barely Mickey), but there are huge magazines devoted to these characters in Italy and France. And as I always say, I don't mind Marvel being owned by Disney, except Disney's insistence that Marvel produces Disney comics, and it's clear Marvel doesn't want any of that. So other than Fantagraphics's big classy reprints of certain Scrooge and Donald comics by Carl Barks, there's really no Donald or Scrooge comics around anymore.

I just hope this game is a huge success to bring some attention to Ducktales. At least finish off the DVD box sets and rerun them somewhere. Or at least a Darkwing Duck Remastered. We really need one of those.