Remember these details of early 1990s episodes?

salemfan

Reaction score
Does anybody remember which Sesame Street episodes from the early 1990s contain these details from the street stories?
*Maria is reading a book about a tightrope walker with words on the left and the picture on the right(the screen only shows the picture)
*The book, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is featured
*Telly is playing "one of these things" with three different types of clocks and a screwdriver, and the screwdriver does not belong because it does not tell time
*The song, "I Heard My Dog Bark" is sung
*Oscar tells how Slimey has a toy car, a sandwich, and some other objects
*There is a radio hamburger in the Fix-it Shop
*Ernie sees a sign that says, "Duck Wanted"

Can anybody help give me the details of these episodes?

superboober

Reaction score
I do remember when The Very Hungry Caterpillar was read to the kids (I think it was Maria reading it), but I think that aired first sometime in the late 80s.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I don't remember the first time "I heard my dog bark" aired, but that particular clip was used again in various Sesame St. episodes later through the 90's.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Does anybody remember which Sesame Street episodes from the early 1990s contain these details from the street stories?
*Maria is reading a book about a tightrope walker with words on the left and the picture on the right(the screen only shows the picture)
*The book, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is featured
*Telly is playing "one of these things" with three different types of clocks and a screwdriver, and the screwdriver does not belong because it does not tell time
*The song, "I Heard My Dog Bark" is sung
*Oscar tells how Slimey has a toy car, a sandwich, and some other objects
*There is a radio hamburger in the Fix-it Shop
*Ernie sees a sign that says, "Duck Wanted"

Is the latter a street scene or a skit (that takes place off the street)? Because Henson and Oz's characters stopped doing street scenes by the early 80s.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I do remember when The Very Hungry Caterpillar was read to the kids (I think it was Maria reading it), but I think that aired first sometime in the late 80s.
I think you're right, Boober. I remember that one as well. If we're thinking of the same episode, I don't think it was Maria who read it. I think I remember it took place when Miles was little and he was in daycare. He needed a toy truck to play with there. So Herry helped a female monster write a sign telling people that Miles needed one. But the female monster didn't know what she was writing and she said that she already had one, so they left to get it. Meanwhile they forgot to take the sign down, so other people saw it and got some toy trucks of their own. Then back at the daycare center before anyone else came in, the lady there read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." I think that's right. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of these details.

wiley207

Reaction score
I think "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" was featured in an episode with the Count's Countketeers.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. It's possible it was read more than once on the show.

Wow! The Count has a 'kateers' club too? That makes three, three vonderful 'kateers' clubs on Sesame Street! Ah ah ah!