Remember this show?

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Hi There
in the early 90's there was a henson type programme where a family of beavers and rabbits lived in a street and another character lived in a tent in the beavers front yard what was this called ????.was it called the beavers i cant seem to find an details about this show.
Thanks
Dogtow :smile:

leliebel

Reaction score
DOGTOW said:
Hi There
in the early 90's there was a henson type programme where a family of beavers and rabbits lived in a street and another character lived in a tent in the beavers front yard what was this called ????.was it called the beavers i cant seem to find an details about this show.
Thanks
Dogtow :smile:
It's called Gophers, and I've tried to look it up tons of times but came up with nothing.

They had talking veggies and this ratlike villain that lived underground with a creepy Igoresque assistant and it had spanish cockraoches.

Aah, I remember it well.

Iokitek

Reaction score
How were you able to watch this then while living in the Netherlands? Was it aired here then? I've never even heard of it before.

leliebel

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
How were you able to watch this then while living in the Netherlands? Was it aired here then? I've never even heard of it before.
it was a long time ago, on the vpro, I think. Maybe 10 years ago?

Iokitek

Reaction score
Ah I see :smile: Sometimes the VPRO scared me with programs like Spitting Image and Theo en Thea. It was just too gross at times. I'm trying to catch up to the past again though. By buying old shows on DVD. Such as Paulus de Boskabouter, Bolke de Beer, Fabeltjeskrant etc. They were never any competition for Henson shows though. Looking back on it it was all low quality. But still fun to watch as a small kid nonetheless. I'm still looking for De Astronautjes. But I don't think it'll ever come out on DVD and I doubt it was ever out on VHS.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
Ah I see :smile: Sometimes the VPRO scared me with programs like Spitting Image and Theo en Thea. It was just too gross at times. I'm trying to catch up to the past again though. By buying old shows on DVD. Such as Paulus de Boskabouter, Bolke de Beer, Fabeltjeskrant etc. They were never any competition for Henson shows though. Looking back on it it was all low quality. But still fun to watch as a small kid nonetheless. I'm still looking for De Astronautjes. But I don't think it'll ever come out on DVD and I doubt it was ever out on VHS.
The show has been on video like this one from Sendit.com.

Hope it helps :smile:

Iokitek

Reaction score
Ooh :concern: That's expensive... Well I guess I'll have to expect that for rare stuff.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Ahw! The seller only ships in the UK. :frown: Oh well maybe I'll encounter one of those tapes some other time.