Remembering Amy, One Year Later...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A year ago yesterday (January 29th) a dear and wonderful friend was lost to us. Her name was Amy.

She was a very nice, sweet, young girl. She always made a person smile, no matter how bad a mood they may have been in with her hillarious posts, or just for being there for them. She seemed to get along with everybody and anybody, and showed she genuinely cared. Her sister once visited the forum and told us how much she loved the Muppets, and just how much she loved to come on Muppet Central and visit with all her Muppet Central friends. The people who came to know and love her, and who she loved as well.

I came on Muppet Central in mid-December, so I didn't get to know her very well, but this is the impression she left on me. One year later, I'm posting about someone I never even knew, yet as I type these words, my eyes are filling up with tears. I feel honored to call her my friend.

I know you all can say more wonderful things about Amy than I can get out...

Rest in peace, my dear friend Amy. We all miss you.

jediX

Reaction score
Even though I never knew her personally, she was the very first person to welcome me here when I was new and didn't know anyone -- and that means a lot to me. A while back I was reading some of her posts and I was so upset I couldn't read on. But I came back a bit later and they were absolutely hilarious and cheered me instantly up. Who would have thought someone I didn't even know would end up meaning so much. :sympathy:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I may have not known Amy, but I still would like to express my condolences to her friends and family. I would also like to say that I am sad I never had the chance to meet her on the forum. :cry:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I hadn't gotten to know Amy that well, but was on my way to, I felt. She was gonna send me a plush of Proud Heart Cat she had from the Care Bear Cousins in her attic, and just that generosity from her meant a lot to me.

She was always so happy, welcomin', and NICE---she helped make the board a wonderful place to be, and she's still missed...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I only had the pleasure of knowing Amy for two months. I remember her and I had an argument over Billy The Rubber Chicken (which I blame that whole argument on Kevin :wink: ) She always had a way of just bringing a silly grin to my face.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Our dear Amy! It's amazing that in such a short time someone has made that much of an impact on all of us that knew her here! This is only online, too, so you can imagine how many people she actually did touch with her presence!

If only we could all create that positive an image to everyone we come in contact with the world would definitely be a better place. Indeed, she represented that part of humanity I wish we all could see in one another.

She was a real Muppet fan, and truely did represent the meaning of Jim Henson's vision, and carried it out well. I suppose you really just want to write every kind of nice thing in the world about someone like her, and the words just don't come so easily.

As you all might remember, Billy the Psychic Rubber Chicken ended up in dry rot and had to be thrown out...rather, buried. I like to think that she's playing with that toy now making folks laugh out loud over there!!

Like the rest of you, I'm happy to have called her my friend--even if only online--but, that tenderness and sweetness we all KNOW as Amy will always be a part of my world. She has been and will be an inspiration to me in mine and Muley's visits to the Ronald McDonald House as her kindness, and I'm sure her empathy, was that powerful!

She was a blessing and an angel, and the angel just went home.

Aaron

Reaction score
What can i say that has not already been said

dmx10101

Reaction score
How sad, She sounds so nice. Would anybody care to tell me why she is not with us anymore.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I never got to know Amy very well, but she was one of the first to welcome me to the site as well and her posts always made me smile. She really was a powerful presence on MC during her time here, and the memory of her is still strong. Rest in peace, Amy. :halo:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
How sad, She sounds so nice. Would anybody care to tell me why she is not with us anymore.
Well, here's what Phillip Chapman said after she passed away:

"Many are also aware that she has been struggling with health issues. Yesterday Amy passed away due to heart complications."

For anyone who didn't know Amy, you can read the thread Remembering Amy... We Will Miss You

In the thread is also a link to all her posts, and her profile.