1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Andy Williams (1927-2012)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reevz1977, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Sad news folks, one of my own personal favourite guests on the Muppet Show Any Williams, has passed away at the age of 84.

Whilst you can't buy season 4 of the Muppet Show right now (c'mon Disney!!!!!!!!), you can see the Andy Williams episode here:

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time :sympathy:
  2. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I just found out the news myself. He was one of my dad's favorite singers. R.I.P. Mr. Williams. My sympathy goes out to his family. :sympathy:
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Loved his Christmas songs. :(
  4. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

I will miss you Andy Williams!
  5. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Very sad news. What a year 2012 is turning out to be. I always liked his Muppet Show episode. We also chose Andy Williams version of 'Somewhere' as our first dance!

RIP Andy Williams

Chris
  6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Aaawww.. I heard that news minutes ago while my mother was listening to BBC Radio 4.
    Rest in peace, Andy... :cry:
    You will be missed.
  7. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

2012 is becoming such a horrible year for deaths. It's especially affected us Muppet Fans. First Phyllis Diller, then Jerry Nelson......now Andy Williams. :cry:
    R.I.P Andy Williams. You will sorely be missed. :cry:
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yup. It sure is.
    Amen. :cry:
  9. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Thanks for posting that. I never knew who Andy was, but I'm sure he was very talented. Plus it seems like it will still be a while before the Season 4 DVD comes out, so maybe I'll take a glance.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow...yet another great has passed on...what a year.

Rest in peace, Andy...Christmas won't be the most wonderful time of the year without you...:cry:
  12. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

So sad. :cry: Prayers go out to his family and his stage family in Branson.

Andy was really such a nice guy in person. I had the pleasure of meeting him - in Walmart of all places! - in the mid 90's. I was too nervous to ask about his Muppet Show appearance unfortunately.
  13. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Not another one…
    You will be missed, Andy Williams.
  14. Here is a song that shows the different colors of Andy Williams' voice and heart.
    It is interesting that this effort from him was written off by some as "midle-of-the-road". I don't think that is so. Andy was an adventurer who often passed for a square.
  15. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

It's sad that Andy Williams will no longer be with us. Thank you for posting, Starchamberfall! Thus song melts my heart.