1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Remembering Franz "Faz" Fazakas (1918-2013)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

I just heard the news awhile ago, and I was shocked and saddened especially after hearing Tom Clancy passed away this afternoon. He truly brought Jim, Jerry Juhl, and the other writers' ideas and imaginations to fruition in an innovative, creative way. He will be truly missed, and his legacy will live on forever. :cry:

theSHE124 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

RIP Faz Fazakas. Thank you for your incomparable work on Emmet Otter and Fraggle Rock, and the Muppet movies, especially this moment...you will be missed:

theSHE124 likes this.
  3. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Faz Fazakas. Not only did you have a really cool name, but you made the best technological advances in The Muppet Movie, Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, and Emmet Otter. I still have no idea how you did the bicycle scene.

4. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

Oooh! I know! It was in a biography I read! They had people up in front of the puppets on tricycles and they used some string and made all the mechanic stuff work by human power since Computer generating wasn't around.

ElizaSchuyler and theSHE124 like this.
  5. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Here's the memorable scene from Muppets Take Manhattan.

I had no idea Faz came with an idea of radio controlling those rats in the kitchen and he always did something that nobody else would ever do.

Don't forget the boat scenes from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Jerry was a great singer and Faz was great at learning how to make an object move and of course moving the otters as well.

May both of those talented guys rest in peace.

Did I forget about the Gorgs? I probably did and you're wondering, "How did a Gorg's face move?"

And so all of us fans know so far Cotterpin Doozer and Rizzo the Rat know Faz, but don't tell them that, because to them, that is kept a secret.

Bridget and theSHE124 like this.
  6. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to this thread...but I just thought I'd mention I made a card for the family and friends of Faz Fazakas. I didn't say anything until now because I wanted Sesame Workshop to see it first. A friend of mine passed it around, then informed me that it will be taken to the folks at the Jim Henson legacy.

So anyhow, here it is, folks...g'bye Faz. We'll miss you.

http://convincingjosh.deviantart.com/#/art/G-bye-Faz-410772083?_sid=379fe527

7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Thank you, man! It was cute and nice. :cry:

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow that is very good, and I'm glad that it will be put into the legacy like that,

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  9. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

That is a wonderful tribute. I'm sure Faz would've loved it. :)

10. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

This is really sad i am sorry that i just now saw this but he lived a good long life and gave great muppet voices to some of the best out there especially Fraggle Rock and otter i am glad that he had a good long life and was able to give blessing to so many

11. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

Faz blows my mind with everything he ever did. Especially the ducks in Emmet Otter. He was a genius

theSHE124 and Muppet fan 123 like this.