1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Remembering Gerry Parkes, 1924-2014

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by The Count, Oct 20, 2014.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if there's another thread already available, nor if this should stay in the Henson People section or moved to the Fraggle Rock folder...

According to an article posted at toughpigs, Gerry Parkes, the actor most known to us for portraying Jerome "Doc" Crystal in the North American version of Fraggle Rock has passed away today. Please use this thread to post your memories about the actor and/or the role, keeping in mind that this is a family-oriented forum.

We will miss you Gerry, thanks for reminding us we can never leave the magic. :smirk:

2. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

No words can describe how I feel right now. I also saw an article here. He's really gonna be missed; he was one of the biggest parts of Jim's creations (in the human cast).

theSHE124 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Very sad news. He was excellent in Fraggle Rock, and developed an excellent sense of timing with Steve Whitmire's Sprocket. He definitely was a big part of why the show was so special, especially in the last couple of episodes.

4. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

Yes, He is gone for good.

5. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Even with his death, you still can't leave the magic. Thank you, Doc.

Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  6. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

Rest in peace, Gerard! You lived a long and full life, and it's always a miracle in this day and age for someone to reach 90 or more years of life. My deepest prayers and sympathies go out to his partner, closest relatives, and personal and professional friends.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    theSHE124 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. Oh, man... 2014's been a really hard year.

R.I.P. Doc. One of a kind.

theSHE124 and sesamemuppetfan like this.
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Indeed, we cannot leave the magic. We'll miss you, Gerry and thank you!

9. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Really sad news, rip Gerry Parks, such a good actor.

10. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

It saddens me that he is gone. From what little I have seen of the show (newbie to this show), Doc is a great character and is a great owner of Sprocket. I love when he tries to be more positive about things, and then decides to just forget it all and get mad about not having any water.
    RIP Gerry Parkes. You helped give the magic, and we will always have it in us.

theSHE124 and WalterLinz like this.
  11. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the full series of Fraggle Rock yet, but I am familiar with Doc from his appearance in Muppet Family Christmas.

He seemed like such a wonderful person. May he rest in peace. And you gotta love the friendship between him and Sprocket.:drool:

theSHE124 likes this.
  12. zns

zns Well-Known Member

RIP Doc. :drool::drool::drool:

13. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Gerry. Say hi to Jim, Jerry,Richard & those that have gone before us

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

He had such a great chemistry with any of the Muppets that he worked with. On Fraggle or on Muppet Family Christmas, and it's kind of sad he did not do anymore work with the Muppets.

He had such a kind warmth about it, and I think that is what made him so likeable.

WalterLinz likes this.
  15. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

This is a tough blow to Fraggle fans... His spirit will live on throughout his work on Fraggle Rock.

( P.S If any of you are willing to post a paragraph on how you feel about this for my blog, feel free to PM me.)

16. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Sad Day! I've dedicated my Fan-Fic and my signature to him.

theSHE124 likes this.
  17. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

In retrospect, I realize that Doc was my favorite character not in the Fraggle Five. I always loved his segments with Sprocket (I wonder how Steve reacted to this), and his performance in the final episode brings me to tears every time. This genuinely breaks my heart, to know that yet another thing I hold dear is gone. At least he's in heaven with his friend Gobo now.

RIP Doc, my friend. "You cannot leave the magic" <3 :'(

theSHE124 and Dominicboo1 like this.
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Ned Shimmelfinny is raising a glass... :sigh:

19. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Very sad news to hear. I was quite surprised to hear he was 90 he looked so much younger. I will really miss the guy RIP Doc you will be missed.

theSHE124 likes this.
  20. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

sad i didn't even know that he died he had great interaction with sprocket and fozzie's mother another sad loss along with mr hooper

theSHE124 likes this.