Remembering Gilda

radionate

Reaction score
I just wanted to just post a little tribute today to someone who influced me enormously growing up, and continues to do so even after her passing. Gilda Radner.

Today on the day before her birthday she is inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and I only wish she were alive today to see it.

Thanks Gilda, for everything.

(for you muppet freaks there is a cute little treat I found today here: http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/gildaradner/GildaRadnersPlace.html)

Ryan

Reaction score
radionate said:
I just wanted to just post a little tribute today to someone who influced me enormously growing up, and continues to do so even after her passing. Gilda Radner.

Today on the day before her birthday she is inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and I only wish she were alive today to see it.

Thanks Gilda, for everything.

(for you muppet freaks there is a cute little treat I found today here: http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/gildaradner/GildaRadnersPlace.html)
Excellent. I've always loved Gilda and her work! Great job! :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Funny, Mom and I were just talking about her, today.
I love Gilda Radner. She was a tremendously talented woman, and one of the funniest people I've ever seen. I've always seen her as an inspiration.
(And I do a really good Rosanna Rosanna Dana, if I say so myself. :wink: )

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Finally! She was such an innocent genius.

Her book, It's Always Something, is GREAT!

I was also reminded today of the Bloom County strip when it was ending and Opus says, "Comic Strips aren't supposed to end! Gilda Radner isn't supposed to end." :zany:

radionate

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I was also reminded today of the Bloom County strip when it was ending and Opus says, "Comic Strips aren't supposed to end! Gilda Radner isn't supposed to end." :zany:
I have that strip cut out to this day. :cry:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Yeah, well, Bloom County is back, (at least on ucomics.com), but Gilda isn't. :frown:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i always thought gilda was funny in the sketches i saw of her on snl....if she were still alive to today, i bet she would be one of the all time greatest women comedians next to lucy ball. sad she passed away when she was getting up to her peak.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the Halloween show when she keeps yelling about something under her bed, and the clowns and gypsy family come out and her dad tells her if she yells out one more time, she's going to get it, so she hears something in the closet and finally opens it and there's a monster standing there with a knife and a head and she yells out and her dad says, "WHAT?!" She slams the door shut and says, "Nevermind." I love that skit.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Scred as Rosanne Rosannadanna:
... and the man ordered a toasted English MUPPET! I was outraged! Not only would it taste bad, but the burnt fabric would get caught in your teeth.

Tony Perkins:
No, Scred. The man obviously ordered a toasted English MUFFIN, Scred. A toasted English MUFFIN.

Scred:
Nevermind.