1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Remembering Richard Hunt

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Richard Hunt did a lot of stuff in Fraggle rock and Sesame street.
    But When he did the storyteller in Fraggle rock in the first season before Terry took over and Richard didn't like the charater.
    But I always thought he did pretty good job of doing the storyteller Fraggle.
    So I guess it may seams fair.
  2. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Oh that's why he didn't do the storyteller after Season 1? I thought he did a great job with that character and assumed he was having fun with it. Guess I was wrong haha
  3. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I agree, it seemed like he liked the character.
  4. Collgoff

Don't worry about that it's acomlament.
    If Richard Hunt is still alive today and hear those coments he might say "Thank you very much!"
  5. Collgoff

Well I know the reason for that qustion but I think you can Ask Tarry Angus because he worked on fraggle rock and he did the Storyteller.
    After when Tarry explaned how he got the part to me he sounds like a storyteller in real life but that's my apinang.:smirk:
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well on the other hand it could also have been Richard wanted to give Terry a main character so he could get the experience. :)
  7. Collgoff

No that's not how it happened!

Jerry Juhl Asked Terry Angus to do the Storyteller while Richard Hunt was busy doing Sesame Street and the episode of Fraggle rock called Boober Rock.
    After that Terry asked Richard if he want to have her back but Richard didn't want to do that role any more and he diidn't like the character.
    So that's why Richard Hunt only did the role once and Terry took over the part for him.
  8. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I know I'm replying to this 7 years late, but I totally agree. Add to that the imagination and talent of Richard Hunt and Jim Henson, and the technology that their company would have developed all these years, and who knows what great movies and shows could have been made? Richard is greatly missed.

This clip of Richard talking about Junior is fantastic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xqZ-mZRc

I loved him as Mudwell too, among many many others! http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mudwell_the_Mudbunny
  9. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Speaking of characters Richard didn't want to portray, is there any footage of Richard performing Elmo?
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I know the story; I'm not saying it's not true. Just further speculating as to his motivations. :)
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Speaking of Richard Hunt characters, sesamestreet.org recently added two clips with his blind monster Aristotle, as well as several clips of his portrayal of Captain Vegetable. And I think I prefer Hunt's portrayal of the character. Seems Hunt gave him a bit more personality than Henson did (of course Henson only performed him once, while Hunt got many scenes). Henson's portrayal seems to be more pompous, while Hunt's seems more energetic.
  12. Collgoff

Well I'm glad you the story!
  13. Collgoff

Wow that is something to hear that!
  14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think I read a review of Being Elmo which says the documentary includes some footage (and it's recently been announced it'll be released in regular theaters and on DVD soon so we should see some soon!).
  15. Collgoff

Well that was before Kevin Clash broght Elmo to life.
  16. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Very cool! Thanks! :D Seeing Elmo performed by Richard will be a nice bonus to hearing from Kevin about his Elmo experience!
  17. Collgoff

Yeah that would be something.:excited:
  18. Collgoff

That's o.k. you did your best!
  19. Collgoff

That's right Richard gave Kevin Clash to Elmo witch who became the beloved monster that we know today.