Repaint Limit

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beginning with series 4, EB Games online has limited the number of repaints we can order to one. That's right, only one. It kind of irks me because I'd like to keep one MOC, but it's not biggie. People have really been abusing that feature in order to make a mint on Ebay. It's always those evil people that ruin it for the rest of us.

Anyway, order you repaint Rizzo now if you want to get one through EB online. I missed out on Zoot and I'm stull searching for him. It seems that employees and store owners have been hording them profit. :boo: I wish there were an even packing of the repaints, but you can't split 3 equally. :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, there are those people out there that ruin good things for the rest of us. They make hard to find things scarcer (what a word!:eek: ) and it isn't fair. It's those folks I wish couldn't find anything!

Kev

Luke

Reaction score
Is this just that now they'll have more for everybody or does it mean now they won't have to order so many cases to supply people and their order volume will go down ?

It's fair, but hope it won't mean they buy less figures !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I also think the seires one Piggy problem is still in the minds of retailers. I wish it would just go away. :mad: It would be nice if the cases were 16 packed so that the repaints could be in the same number as the regular versions.:smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish more companies carried the figures here in town. All the Sam Goody's have just closed down now. We're fairly well, um, screwed out of things now except for Suncoast.

I wish Suncoast got more figures in than they do.

Kev

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, so that was a national closing of Sam Goodys. Hmmm. Fao Shwartz, Sam Goody, what's next? :cry:

Luke

Reaction score
Series 1 Kermit & Piggy were both big problems here. but some crazy person must have moved into town and all the S1 Piggy's sold - just left with loads of Kermits. S2 came in very small volumes and sold out but all the EM Playsets were ruined and sent back i think. Now S3 has mysteriously not turned up at the usual places and so i guess has been dropped by the main retailers we had here. Terrible .... we were paying $19 a figure here and even people willing to hand over that kind of money are left without. I know they overpacked Kermit & Piggy but surely even those should have sold in the space of 3 series. The only place now that sells these in the UK is one main nostalgia store that has just a couple of branches, and a few comic shops that are closing down. They've totally bummed out in the UK now, the prices were bad enough but with no distribution it's at an all time low.

Maybe in the states S2 sold only marginally better than S1, which would mean low S3 orders and the effect where they are either selling out fast because there just isnt enough or lots of stores not taking them. S3 seems stronger and more popular which might make the future waves easier to find, but to me, Palisades distribution seems to be more the problem than people not buying the figures - i know it's a catch 22 for them because if stores don't buy enough to see they these are popular there's no evidence to suggest they should take a chance on increasing their order, but i really fear that if the new retailers coming into the line don't improve things that might be the Muppets last chance. There just doesn't seem to be anything the fans can do about it - they say support the line by buying figures but you can't find them !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Greedy UK distributers have been a big issue. I wish there were a way that you guys could buy the figures directly from Palisades' site.

bats1972

Reaction score
frogboy4...

I don;t know if series three started this way but when I ordered them from EBgames.com around 12/27, they had a limit of 1 per household on the Repaint Zoot. So I noticed it since then.

By the way, I too think it stinks. I think the limit should be two. The repaint Floyd and Zoot (especially) are my favorites. I ended up trading with someone for a 2nd repaint Floyd. As for Zoot I was up around Allentown PA about two weeks ago and found a repainted Zoot in a Suncoast and bought him for my second.

Good luck, I hope you find one. :cool: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Greedy UK distributers have been a big issue.
Yeah, they need to work something out - especially as the Muppets are quite big here. The UK distributor is one well known for just selling to small comic shops, but they did get one large retailer onboard - though the price was so high i think it stopped the line from really taking off. From what i know the same distributor brings both Simpsons and Muppets into the UK but the Simpsons sell for just over half the price. It's the distributors view that Palisades are the greedy ones - apparently Playmates drops the case price on the Simpsons to allow them to be imported in at a decent price, and then they make up the money because the stores then sell more and place larger orders. It looks like for whatever reason Palisades hasn't done this - and with their distributor not being the greatest at getting products stocked in the main stores, yet still tacking on their fee for doing not much at all it kinda rooks everybody - they really need someone new here. Muppet merchandise really does sell here, if they got it sorted it might have a knock on effect and take some of the pressure off the problems in the states.

I agree the repaints should be two a customer at EBX, especially because they do seem to sell out of their stock on that site fairly fast. I can understand their worries though.