Replicants are Among us

Twitch92

Reaction score
There seems to be a very heavy interest in replica puppet builds. I wonder why that is? Has this always been the case? I'm not very observant about these things, you know. Seems most apparent right now. Replicas vs. original characters/designs. Thoughts?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Haha i will hold my hands up and admit ive build a few replicas.
I guess it brings back the childhood like thrill of owning your favorite character maybe?

That and i have no imagination :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
On a purely fannish level, why not make replicas, if that's what you're into? It's a good challenge and test of skill. And it's utterly awesome to have a puppet you made yourself of a character you like. Plushies and Fisher-Price puppets are nice, but this is closer to the real thing.

Or, looking at it another way, it's another kind of fan art.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
have to agree with Slackbot, its a nice way to test your skills, and as long as you arnt selling them i see no wrong doing

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I would imagine most builders weather professional or otherwise have at some point attempted a replica

Twitch92

Reaction score
I have no doubt. I just noticed that most threads currently involve replica info. Merely an observation. I've never attempted one myself, but only for fear that it would fail miserably. But thats a whole other therapy session. Lol

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Or.. Attempting replicas of other peoples replicas? ;-)

Twitch92

Reaction score
Ah yes, replicas within replicas. Mupception