Request to Moderators

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Moderators,

When you delete or edit posts, could you please let the user know that you did so and provide a short explanation as to why you did so. This would be greatly appreciated.

It would also b of appreciation, if you let the user know of any changes, including thread title changes.

Hope you can take my requests. Thanks!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I asked this awile ago....
When the name of your thread gets changed, you have no idea that it did.. so when you come back later, you can't find it. It's very frustrating. I'm not saying you shouldn't change thread names, just let us know that you did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That would be too much trouble for the mods to go through, especially at the rate Ed changes thread titles.

Though it does seem to me whenever a thread is locked or deleted, it's pretty obvious, as such an action is a rare occurence (though there was a period back in 2009 or so when it seems like threads were being locked right and left), and if it does happen, it's usually pretty bad (ala flame wars, uncivilized conversation, etc).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not to write it out each time, but to send an automated message to the person.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I asked this awile ago....
When the name of your thread gets changed, you have no idea that it did.. so when you come back later, you can't find it. It's very frustrating. I'm not saying you shouldn't change thread names, just let us know that you did.
I think the real issue is that if a title is changed, you are unsubscribed from it (if you are the creator at least). If you just stayed subscribed, it wouldn't be so bad

dwmckim

Reaction score
When you delete or edit posts, could you please let the user know that you did so and provide a short explanation as to why you did so. This would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have any IDEA what you're asking?

(a) At the rate this kind of thing happens, our moderators would get writers' cramp if they had to type a note each time they made such a change

(b) Too much of the time there IS NO explanation for the changes they make.

Really, the nerve of some people - asking our moderators to take time out of mucking around with the forum as if its some kind of video game and actually asking them to be accountable and come up with logical defenses for their button pushing and rearranging!

Misskermie

Reaction score
Do you have any IDEA what you're asking?

(a) At the rate this kind of thing happens, our moderators would get writers' cramp if they had to type a note each time they made such a change

(b) Too much of the time there IS NO explanation for the changes they make.

Really, the nerve of some people - asking our moderators to take time out of mucking around with the forum as if its some kind of video game and actually asking them to be accountable and come up with logical defenses for their button pushing and rearranging!
well, I mean while there's that, it'd still be good to know why if you're uncertain.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I think the real issue is that if a title is changed, you are unsubscribed from it (if you are the creator at least). If you just stayed subscribed, it wouldn't be so bad
This is true for when they move the thread too. They moved this to "feedback", which is the better option, but I became unsubscribed and had to re-find my own thread. :/

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its more of an issue with the forum software, but its something that the developer needs to look into. Its very irritating

Hubert

Reaction score
Maybe even if not personal alerts, maybe just if they would post on the thread about a major name change/move/deletion.