Research

puppets_etc

Reaction score
hey all! I am doing a research paper on puppetry, with an emphasis on teaching. Sesame Street :smile: :frown: :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: and other learning programs will play a big part in the paper. What I need are more resources. Does anyone have any suggestions? Books, magazine articles, etc....

:flirt: Thanks for any help you may give,

Deb

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Go to your library and do a search for a paper written once in the 60's or 70's about Sesame Street and their impact on education. I don't know the title, but I've read a part of it before. I was bored. Something realistic, not fun, about research and development etc.

Kev

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Go to your library and do a search for a paper written once in the 60's or 70's about Sesame Street and their impact on education. I don't know the title, but I've read a part of it before. I was bored. Something realistic, not fun, about research and development etc.

Kev
That might help. But I remember reading something once, when I was teaching sunday school, about kids retaining what they learn for example:
:concern: 32% of what they Hear
:excited: 56% of what they see and hear
:wink:65% of what they see, hear and repeat
and so on...........I was planning on tying that in along with the colors and textures of puppets and so on.

Deb

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Thanks, that will work. I know enough to write the entire paper, but since it is a college level writing class, I have to have the sources to back it up.

Thanks Again!

Deb

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No problem. I hated bibliographies, they make me have to spend more time.

:embarrassed:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by puppets_etc
hey all! I am doing a research paper on puppetry, with an emphasis on teaching. Sesame Street :smile: :frown: :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: and other learning programs will play a big part in the paper. What I need are more resources. Does anyone have any suggestions? Books, magazine articles, etc....

:flirt: Thanks for any help you may give,

Deb
I wrote a paper on Sesame Street. Bibliography and all at:

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~jacodonn

I belive it's under Essays.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by puppets_etc
about kids retaining what they learn for example:
:concern: 32% of what they Hear
:excited: 56% of what they see and hear
:wink:65% of what they see, hear and repeat
and so on...........I was planning on tying that in along with the colors and textures of puppets and so on.

Deb
That's interesting to know. I think I'd heard this somewhere. Maybe it was on this site.

In the Animal Jam articles they mention something along the lines of kids responding to something. I'll have t check the article again.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Re: Re: Research

Originally posted by Jackie
I wrote a paper on Sesame Street. Bibliography and all at:

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~jacodonn

I belive it's under Essays.
:smile: Thats great! You went into much more detail than I plan on going into, but it runs parallel to what I have in mind. I will also be using alot of things I learned from being a sunday school teacher and being in the puppet ministry.

I am not ashamed to admit that I still find myself stopping and watching these shows when I'm flipping through the channels. :wink:

Oddly enough, the show "Crank Yankers" never cranked anything in me but left a bad taste in my mouth.:embarrassed:

Deb