Resizing Files

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I need some help here. I have a video file (a wmv file), that is 22.9 MB. To avoid exceeding my monthly bandwidth again, and so people can watch it without having to wait not 10 min-3 hr, I want to resize it to about 4 or 5 MB, but do not know how. Can any of you guys help me? Thanks

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I need some help here. I have a video file (a wmv file), that is 22.9 MB. To avoid exceeding my monthly bandwidth again, and so people can watch it without having to wait not 10 min-3 hr, I want to resize it to about 4 or 5 MB, but do not know how. Can any of you guys help me? Thanks
Well I could do it, I use Compression Master 3. But unless you have a Mac you won't be able to use the software unfortunately. I use a combination of that and QuickTime Pro 7 for my video compression. I usually compress in MPEG-4/AVC (H.264), which offers great quality and great compression. If you want to send the file via AIM (only if you have DSL or Broadband) I can compress it and send it back. But other than that, I can't think of anything at the moment, sorry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I'll try the Compression Master 3, because I don't AIM. Do you have Yahoo! IM? Maybe I could send it to you that way. If not, I'll try CM3. Thanks for the help.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wait...I see you have to pay $400 for this thing...oh well!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
It's free for a while, download the demo. I believe you can still use most or all of the features in the demo version. Here's the link: Download

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And here I thought we who have PC's got all the good stuff.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah. I started on Windows but it just didn't do what I needed, so I switched over to Mac. I haven't regretted it one bit either. They may be more expensive, but they're worth it in my opinion. Plus not having to ever worry about viruses or spyware is REALLY nice. :smile: I have a Yahoo SN somewhere, I have to dig it up. I haven't used Yahoo in forever, if you want to PM me your Yahoo IM name, I'll contact you and be glad to compress the video for you.