Rest in Peace Henry Corden

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
I just thought I would let everyone know Henry Corden who has been playing the voice of Fred Flinstone for the past 28 years has passed away. He died on Thursday May 19, 2005. He was 85 years old. Being the diehard Flintstone fan that I am this is very hard for me. I know the Flintstones are long gone but I grew up with them, and also this means Never again will we hear "Barney my Pebbles!" ever again. Rest in Peace Henry we will all miss you :frown: :cry:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I thought Fred sounded different in the latest Fruity Pebbles commercial (everything in Bedrock has turned pink).

Xerus

Reaction score
Ever since original FF voice, Alan Reed, passed away in 1977, Henry took over the role of Fred. I've noticed when Henry started doing Fred's voice, he didn't act really mean and tough like the original Alan Reed, Fred. But it was great that Henry got to do Fred for many years in those Flinstone Saturday Morning shows, the Pebbles commercials, those 90's movies about Pebbles and BamBam getting married, and how Henry did both of Fred's parents in the Flintstone Kids.

I have noticed a couple of years ago, Jeff Bergman started doing Fred in the Cartoon Network specials while Henry continued to do those Pebbles commercials. Fred suddenly went back to the tough sounding Alan Reed voice when Jeff started doing him. And Fred seemed to regain his personality back too.

Besides that, I am gonna miss hearing Henry Corden's voice and I thank him for keeping Fred alive for many years. :cry:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That's too bad :frown: I've wondered why Fred sounded so different lately in those commercials.

Bootsy

Reaction score
R.i.p

R.I.P Henry at least he had a good run and that he got to do what he enjoyed doing. :sympathy: :cry: