Retired Muppets will move to Atlanta

muppetperson

Reaction score
Puppets on display

What puppets do they show?
Kermit can just be seen waving in his director's chair(right hand side on edge of screen), then inside the exhibit is Rowlf, The Swedish Chef, Dr teeth, the La Choy dragon, Ernie, the Jim Henson muppet and some Dog City type puppets. It is a shame that Waldorf and Guy Smiley werent there.They also saved the stained glass of Jim and Frank working Bert and Ernie from the New York Townhouse, which was nice.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
The puppets that are featured in the exhibit are:

Rowlf
The La Choy Dragon
Swedish Chef
Dr. Teeth
Ernie
Dog City characters (3 of them, I seem to recall)
Jim Henson, from the Country Trio

It's an outstanding exhibit. I really recommend that everyone try and get over to Atlanta sometime this year.

I was honored to be in attendance at this exhibit opening in September, and included recordings of both this opening AND the panel discussion done later the same day at the center. It's in show#25 if you want to hear it!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
There was a picture showing King Rupert and Featherstone at the Exhibit as well. Oh Man This is so exicting seeing all of those Vintage Muppets on Display after all these years! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Is there a list of the puppets that will be retired?

muppetperson

Reaction score
The list would be too long.It is basically all the Muppets that the Jim Henson Company have acumilated and survived.Conflicting numbers have been reported.One source says 300 and another says 500 to 700.But dont worry about them "retiring".It is just the puppets, not the characters, as Disney are working on new puppets.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Right, if it was just an exhibit of retired Muppets it would be rather small... and it would smell like a retirement home. *motions towards Statler, Waldorf, Pops. Hilda, Mildred, etc.*

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
i just saw an add for it in a magazine I got when my mom went to the fox theatre.. Im SO excited.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Right, if it was just an exhibit of retired Muppets it would be rather small... and it would smell like a retirement home. *motions towards Statler, Waldorf, Pops. Hilda, Mildred, etc.*
LMBO Ryan!You're baaadddd but FUNNY!:big_grin:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I went to the exibit and it was great. The Muppets that are featured in the exhibit are:

Rowlf
The La Choy Dragon
Swedish Chef
Dr. Teeth
Ernie
Bugsy them and
2 Cop Dogs from Dog City
Jim Henson, from the Country Trio.
Kermit can just be seen waving in his director's chair outside the exibit.
Inside there is also a slide show on a monitor and 3 smaller monitors on on top of the other in vertical rows on either side of the big monitor. The monitors on either side show clips of different sketches from the 50 years. It starts with the country trio and moves to The Muppet Show with Rowlf singing Cottleston Pie and the lephrochaun Brothers. It then shows clips from Sesame Street and the Movies. The walls explain about the Characters and Jims progression. There are even some rare photos of The La Choy Dragon being performed and how they did the fire breathing and 1 of Jim Henson and frank Oz in :sleep: and :boo: Balcony box with their heads up out of the box. There is no photography allowed so i didnt get any pictures. I even talked to 1 of the workers and told him how it would be great if they had the museum as the Muppet theater moving into the different sets for the different shows that the charaters were on. He said they thought of that But he doesnt think they are talented to do it. A downside is it doesnt look like they have space for this. He also said that there isnt alot of Sesame Street Muppets because of Sesame Workshop. Its great and a bigger exibit starts in September. Everyone should go.