1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Retired Muppets will move to Atlanta

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Jul 25, 2007.

1. I just got a tweet back from the Jim Henson Legacy that the date has been pushed back to 2014 :sigh:

2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I wonder why the holdup? Oh well, life goes on I guess. :sympathy:

3. Walter

Walter Active Member

aw... is there any Muppets right now at the center for puppetry arts? I live in Georgia now and One of the only positives I saw was this centre...has anybody been recently?

4. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I believe they still have some Fraggles, Big Bird, and some Labyrinth stuff in the lobby and then the little room dedicated to Jim. The center has a lot of room, just you can't really see it when you enter the building. :oops:

5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I went back in May. They have the Labyrinth double-door puppets, "Pigs in Space," a Skeksis, Sir Didymus, some Emmett Otter characters, Big Bird, Red & Mokey and the Fraggles' "nativity puppets" plus some of the doozers and miniature Fraggle puppets, the La Choy Dragon, a whole room dedicated to Jim's characters, and others that I don't remember off the top of my head.

Long story short--if you're a Muppet fan in Atlanta, go there!

6. Walter

Walter Active Member

Cool!, It would be neat to see all of those! Thanks for the info guys.

7. Chazz

Chazz New Member

I just visited the Center for Puppetry Arts last Friday. It was awesome! I've never seen so much Henson stuff in one area. It's well worth the $8 or so to get in. And make sure you go through their international puppet exhibit, because that exhibit also houses several Henson displays including Pigs from Space and a Skeksis!

8. Walter

Walter Active Member

Thanks for the info Chazz! I'll definately put it on my list of things to do!

9. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I was there last month, and posted this in my personal thread elsewhere on this forum. Just noticed this one and thought it could use some pics, so I'm gonna cut and paste it here too!

First, a quick video overview, to kinda show where some things are in relation to one another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzEwiir9Mi8

I've found a bunch more pictures since originally posting these. Some were a little harder to uncover, on Flickr and places like that. I also contacted that Robin Davis studio website where several of these were found, and she very nicely provided me with a couple of additional shots. Big thanks, Robin!

And speaking of 'Robin', I uncovered a shot from a couple of years ago that showed Robin the Frog sitting in Kermit's director's chair with a sign saying he was filling in for his uncle while the Jim Henson's Fantastic World was in Atlanta at another venue. The Kermit poser must have been loaned out to promote the CPA.

So Robin's a character they must have among their hundreds of additional Muppets awaiting the new wing.

I did uncover a couple of shots of their Mystic, too. Wish I'd known to befriend someone there so I could see that, and Harrison and Mrs. Fox in person!

Alex

LinkiePie<3 and LinkLady77 like this.