Return to Labyrinth: Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsey

Reaction score
DISREGARD THE ABOVE POST AS IT WAS MADE BY AN IMBECILE.

Thank you. I made my choice to put the scans up and I stick with it. I can fight my own battles, thank-you-very-much, and my 'chewing you out' had nothing to do with my LiveJournal's deletion -- though you obviously chose to read it that way. Good job entirely missing the point and trying to garner sympathy on another forum. ONCE AGAIN: I have no issues with my account's deletion, and can speak for myself. As can the rest of the fandom.

Clue-by-four, please?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Chelsey, do you not understand that Alorindanya was trying to help you? There's absolutely no reason for this kind of wrath.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi Chilly,

It is nice to see you back at MC, and I'm sorry it's such a bad illustraion of us that you see in this thread...

Really.

I am.

Beau

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
First of all, I changed the title of this thread to "Opinion" instead of "Very Bad" because that is one person's opinion, and until the book is really out there folks shouldn't be trying to deter anyone from getting their OWN opinions about this book.

It's not easy being a fan AND moderator, but here goes:

I for one do NOT like manga or anime at all. However, I'll be getting this book because it is JHC involved and furthers the stories of Labyrinth.

I do not see harm in posting SOME scans of the book if it is followed by an honest review (story, art, presentation, etc); but, it IS a bad thing to do if nearly the whole book is put on the internet for downloading and the review isn't an unbiased one which, in the realm of "the press," you have to look at reviews from all angles. Not a closed-visioned review! That's bad media.

I'm thankful that Jake has shown up to the boards to visit and discuss this with us. We can all stand to be a bit respectful of his work and have a peaceful means of asserting our opinions of the book. I hope that the negative replies about this book on these boards will keep him from coming back. Thanks, Jake, for your prompt and honest replies!

Now, everyone who knows my moderating rules is that Muppet Central is NOT a place for negative feelings. It is not a place to come to be rude or to hide behind your anonymity of the internet to create trouble and havoc.

Therefore:
stormclouds said:
I'm not a nice person. Deal with it. If I don't like something I tend to speak my mind. That is all.
Muppet Central is a family forum. I am dedicated to keeping this forum as fan-friendly and positive an atmosphere as I possibly can. My attempts to keep these forums friendly and positive are because of who we all come here to honor: Jim Henson. We have folks from JHC, Disney/MHC, and Sesame Workshop all visiting here, and I want them to feel they are able to post and be fans themselves without the fear of negativity seeping through the cracks and ruining the fun for everyone. If you are not a nice person then I suggest you find alternative forums to visit where that kind of behavior is welcome, in the meantime I'll give you a chance for redemption and to be a true Henson fan and honor Jim and his work by furthering the emotions he wanted us to invoke. Your posts are extremely rude and honestly pointless, and I hope you can find a nicer way to participate in these threads.

Same thing goes for Chelsey with this post:
DISREGARD THE ABOVE POST AS IT WAS MADE BY AN IMBECILE.
I don't allow flaming or name-calling on these threads. Stop it, please.

Also, through all my complaints as a fan about some projects, to say that the JHC is not fan-friendly is incorrect. They have ALWAYS been very hands-on with their fans and have always been very accomodating with their replies. They are the epitome of what an entertainment company should be about.

I hope that the negative posts in this thread are not going to be anything that the rest of the members of these forums are judged by. After posting the above messages, I'm going to close this thread and HOPE that something better comes along for discussion.

If anybody here wishes to contact me via PM to discuss my posts to you, please feel free to do so.

But, I would expect that honoring Jim Henson's legacy would have wrought a more positive experience than some of you have carried forth in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.