Return to Oz Site

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
I am a huge Heson fan as well as a Return to Oz fan. I love the work they did on that film. Please check-out my website and let me know what you think of it. Anyone remember this movie? A little creapy but most of the henson fantasy films were a little dark.

http://www.geocities.com/returntoozsite

lowercasegods

Reaction score
It's a very common mistake, but Return to Oz isn't actually a Henson film. Lyle Conway, who helped found Jim Henson's Creature Shop at their beginning, broke away from the Henson's in the mid 80's and founded his own creature effects shop. It was his company which created the animatronic puppets for Return To Oz (and Lyle did the voice of the Gump as well). Interestingly enough, Brian Henson joined Lyle on this film (as well as on Little Shop of Horrors two years later) as a puppeteer and as the voice of Jack Pumpkinhead.

Return To Oz is one of my favorite films ever, and I'm glad you've created a nice tribute to it!

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah...this movie was totally creepy, but also really good!

travellingpat

Reaction score
This movie used to scare me so much!!!! But overall good website!

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
Thank you very much! I update it all the time so please keep checking back. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in I can add.

Laszlo

Reaction score
RTO is a great movie. Especially the living rocks "rocked" !
The other creatures were good but not as good as the ones in Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
Still a great and magical movie which should be more appreciated.

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
I personally think that animatronics and puppets should be used alot more than they are now a days. I like hte look better than cgi

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Thanks for creating the site. I grew up watching Return To Oz, and it was my introduction to Fairuza Balk. She's great! :flirt: