Reviewing DVDs

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I was thinking of submitting a couple of reviews for Muppet-related DVDs that aren't yet reviewed on the site. There's something that has me scratching my head, though:

When you are reviewing a DVD release of some movie/project/special that existed long before the actual DVD is, should the review be about the movie (talking about story, script, special effects, characters, etc.) or should it just be about the DVD-specific things: whether the movie is presented in full or widescreen, what's edited out of the DVD, menu design, special features, easter eggs, the DVD cover, etc?

Erine81981

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
I was thinking of submitting a couple of reviews for Muppet-related DVDs that aren't yet reviewed on the site. There's something that has me scratching my head, though:

When you are reviewing a DVD release of some movie/project/special that existed long before the actual DVD is, should the review be about the movie (talking about story, script, special effects, characters, etc.) or should it just be about the DVD-specific things: whether the movie is presented in full or widescreen, what's edited out of the DVD, menu design, special features, easter eggs, the DVD cover, etc?
I would say both.