RIP Allan Arbus

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's kind of been like Abe Vigoda in a sense, as people have been saying he died for YEARS, and each time someone says he's dead, it turns out he's still alive, but as it turned out, he died for real this time last Friday at the age of 95.

So yeah, for those of you who aren't aware, he played Sidney Freedman the psychiatrist on M*A*S*H, one of the show's more well known recurring characters.

Princeton

Reaction score
I remember hearing that he was offered a featured role on the show after Gary Burghoff left, but for some reason Arbus wasn't cool with it (though he did continue to guest-star regularly for the rest of the season).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That I hadn't heard... I DID hear that supposedly G.W. Bailey as Rizzo was originally going to be a character replacement for Radar before they decided giving the company clerk job to Klinger was a better solution, and Rizzo later because the replacement for Zale.

Actually, Nicole Kidman starred in a freaky-deaky, acid-trippy biopic about Arbus' photographer wife Diane... I didn't see all of it, but from what I did see, that was one of the strangest and freakiest movies I've ever seen.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I heard that on the news. This depressed me. :cry:
At least he lived a long life.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice.
Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice! :smile:

Sidney held his own at the poker games, too.