RIP Annette Funicello

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll be honest... I thought she was already dead, but apparently she just died at the age of 70 from complications from multiple sclerosis

Unfortunately, she was before my time, so I'm not too awful familiar with her work, but I do understand she was kind of like the Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez of her day (just a little more wholesome). I do really enjoy her oldies song, "Pineapple Princess" though, I've often thought of Steve and Bethany doing a little production number to that song.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually adored her when I was little kid after seeing that movie she did in the '80s with Frankie Avalon, Back to the Beach. That's how I learned she'd been in the Mouseketeers, etc. I think I appreciated that she was a teen idol who wasn't super skinny with blond hair. She looked more like a regular person you could identify with. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in the 70's, they reran the Mickey Mouse Club shows from the 50's, and there was not one red-blooded boy to be found that DIDN'T have a crush on her. (Little 8-year-old me was smitten!)
She looked very good for age all the way until the end.
Thanks, Annette, for making my heart throb. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This almost seems to be shaping up into another one of those years where "everybody" dies. *Shrug*

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
An elderly friend of mine, who lives back in the town that I spent the rest of my basic schooling, has a garage just filled with old memorabilia. I first visited him on a field trip in fifth grade, I believe, and we've been friends ever since. He even commented on how much I looked like Annette and even gave me an official Mouseketeer hat. I went as her for Halloween. I also currently still have some of her songs on my iPod; always a joy to listen to.

I found it interesting that Annette was (if I remember right) the only original Mouseketeer that Walt Disney himself chose. That alone bespeaks a lot of her talent.

R.I.P. Annette. You will be missed.

EDIT: ... oh god... I think she died from the same thing my Nana did...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some people recognize her from Beach movies, others recognize her from Mickey Mouse Club...

I tend to think of her as a weird two time reference in Super Mario Bros Super Show. You know you've really made it when video game plumbers like you.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
And I find this out the same day I find out Margaret Thatcher died.......Oh no.....
R.I.P Annette Funicello. You will sorely be missed. :cry:

Xerus

Reaction score
I really loved Annette's performance and singing in The Misadventures of Merlin Jones. May you rest in peace, Annette. -_-;;