RIP George Michael

Muppet Master

Reaction score
George Michael has unfortunately passed away on Christmas, sadly ironic, RIP to a legend. CAN 2016 JUST END!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Resists urge to make an obvious reference to handicap bathroom stalls*

That's certainly another unexpected one for 2016.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I guess this puts a whole new meaning to "Last Christmas." :sympathy:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is really sad. If any of you have heard about this, Carrie Fisher (Princess/General Lei) had a major heart attack just before Christmas and I was super worried that she would die on Christmas - And than this happens!
My mom was just saying how sad it was that basically everyone from her childhood and teenage years have started to die off. Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Florence Henderson, Whitney Houston, Prince, David Bowie, Gene Wilder- So many people have left us, and what's so sad about it is most of them died younger than they should have.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, the entertainment industry has been very rough this year with deaths from legendary performers. George Michael suddenly passing away was surely unexpected, but I did feel like his alcohol/drug problems could have been a factor. Andrew Ridgeley and other famous singers have already given their sympathy for George; it probably must be hardest of all for Ridgeley, having been close friends for so many years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On a somewhat more light-hearted note, apparently Sarah Michelle Gellar mistakenly paid respect to Boy George instead of George Michael. I guess it's understandable: both are flamboyant British singers who rose to fame in the 80s and happen to have "George" in their name.