1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

RIP Judy Freudberg

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Hubert, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Another important person in Sesame Street history, Judy Freudberg, has passed away. Though we may not know her name all that much, she really made a difference behind the scenes, writing many of our favorite episodes of SST, co-creating and head writing Elmo's World, writing SST storybooks and songs, writing specials such as Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting and probably most notably, co-writing Follow That Bird.

I think after all that she deserves a proper memorial thread...so let's remember Judy and reflect on all the work she has done.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Aww man... not only that, but both she and Tony Geiss actually wrote the screenplays for a number of Don Bluth movies, including An American Tail and The Land Before Time.

Dang, look at all that we've lost this year so far: Judy Freudberg, Robin Gibb, Bob Welch, Richard Dawson, Maurice Sendak, George Lindsey, Davy Jones, among others... this is shaping up to be a really bad year. :(
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

:/ That's always a shame to hear. The team's taken another loss.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

When I saw this, I thought it was such a huge shame. What a loss. And not that old either.